Love everything about Yard House garlic noodles but are unsure how to make them? Check out our Yard House garlic noodles recipe! We’ve got the details on how to make Yard House’s famous lobster garlic noodles as well as their shiitake garlic noodles recipe. So, if you’ve been craving Yard House noodles but aren’t wanting to leave the house, then you can sit back and relax because this post is for you!
Table of Contents
- What Is Yard House?
- Yard House Chinese Garlic Noodles Recipe
- Shiitake Garlic Noodles Yard House Recipe
- Yard House Garlic Noodles (Lobster Version!)
- Yard House Garlic Noodles Recipe
- Yard House Garlic Noodles? We’ve Got Both Versions For You Here!
What Is Yard House?
Yard House is an American restaurant known for having the largest selection of draft beers in the world. This establishment is not only known for its beer but also, for its exquisite menu options. There’s everything from nachos to wings and yes, you guessed it, even delicious garlic noodles!
Because of these irresistible offerings, Yard House has quickly become a fan favorite when it comes to having a good drink and getting some grub. But some nights, you want the excitement and flavor of restaurant food, but don’t want to leave the house to get it.
We understand! That’s why we’ve offered up a couple of Yard House garlic noodle recipes that can satisfy your need for deliciousness without having to step foot outside of your home.
Note: Keep in mind that if you do decide to visit one of your local Yard House restaurants that not every entrée mentioned in this post may be available. As with most restaurants, entrees are phased in and out and may vary based on location. Even if your location doesn’t have the garlic noodles you crave, you now know where to come to get the recipe to make it on your own! Awesome, right?
Yard House Chinese Garlic Noodles Recipe
While some people may refer to Yard House’s garlic noodles as “Chinese” garlic noodles, the truth is that these noodles actually go by the name “shiitake garlic noodles”.
Shiitake garlic noodles are composed of a bit of butter, garlic, stir fry sauce, and of course, shiitake mushrooms. All of this is combined with a few other ingredients along with egg noodles (or ramen noodles) to compose an umami-flavored dish that’ll get your mouth watering.
The following is the best way to make Yard House garlic noodles at home:
- Cook your egg noodles (or ramen noodles, if you can’t find them) according to the package directions.
- Melt butter completely over a skillet set on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté them until they develop a brown color.
- Douse your mushrooms with a teaspoon of soy sauce (don’t overdo it, though, as this will cause the dish to become too salty).
- To your mushrooms, add fresh garlic, shiitake mushrooms, and Lee Kum Kee’s vegetarian stir fry sauce (or whatever other stir fry sauce you may have on hand)
- Continue to cook this mixture until it is fully cooked through being careful not to burn it.
- Once fully cooked through, add your cooked egg noodles (or ramen noodles) to the pan and toss until the noodles are fully coated.
- Garnish the finished dish with a little bit of fresh parmesan and chopped chives.
Shiitake Garlic Noodles Yard House Recipe
- 8oz cooked egg noodles (or ramen, lo mein, or chow mein noodles)
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of shiitake mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for a little added heat)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ¾ cup of stir fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan (optional, for serving)
- green onion (chopped, for serving)
- Prepare your noodles according to the package directions.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add mushrooms. Saute until golden brown.
- Add soy sauce to the mushrooms.
- Combine honey, garlic, pepper flakes (if using), and stir fry sauce.
- Cook until fully heated through.
- Drain noodles and mix them into heated sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan and green onion (or chives)
Yard House Garlic Noodles (Lobster Version!)
Now that you’ve got the Yard House shiitake mushroom recipe under your belt, it’s time to explore the Yard House lobster garlic noodles recipe.
While we are in no way claiming the following recipe to be Yard House’s own, we do think that this recipe comes pretty close to the original.
The following is how you can make Yard House lobster garlic noodles on your own at home:
- Make a roux by melting your butter in a pan and adding a bit of flour to the mixture. Continue to cook the mixture on medium heat until bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk to the mixture, stirring continuously, for about 5 minutes. Your mixture should become thick and bubbly.
- Prepare your lobster by removing the claws and tail, and by cutting it along the back and legs.
- Add salt, pepper, and olive oil to your lobster shells before dropping them in boiling water. Lower the heat slightly and simmer the lobster for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lobster from the water and place it on a lined baking sheet. Bake the lobster for about 13-15 minutes or until the lobster meat is fully cooked through.
- Remove the lobster from the oven. Pour the aforementioned butter sauce over the lobster and broil it for 3 minutes at a high broil.
- Prepare your noodles according to the package directions and drain them. Set them to the side.
- Mix together your soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper flakes, and onion powder in a bowl.
- Heat oil over medium heat and combine the soy sauce and spice mixture. Bring all of the ingredients left in the listed ingredients to a boil in the pan, along with the spices, then lower the heat to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add your noodles to the sauce mixture and stir until well-coated. Layer your cooked lobster on top.
Yard House Garlic Noodles Recipe
- ½ cups bite-sized lobster pieces
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 0.7oz minced Ginger
- 12oz Egg noodles
- ½ tablespoon Sugar (or honey if desired)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- soy sauce
How To Make Yard House Lobster Garlic Noodles
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and pour in flour. Whisk until thick, smooth, and bubbling, usually about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the milk slowly and bring the sauce mixture back up to a boil. Simmer the sauce mixture with the milk until thick and bubbling again.
- Prepare your lobster by removing the claws and tail. Cut the lobster along the back and legs.
- Salt and pepper your lobster and drizzle with olive oil. Place the lobster in boiling water and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the lobster tails and discard the water. Line a baking sheet and bake the lobster shells on 450F for 10 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Remove the lobster from the oven and drizzle it with the butter sauce you prepared earlier. Broil the lobster on a high boil for about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your noodles according to package directions. Once they’ve cooked, drain them and set them aside in cold water.
- Combine your soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper flakes in a medium pan. Combine the rest of the listed ingredients along with the soy and other seasonings and mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your noodles and top with lobster when finished.
Yard House Garlic Noodles? We’ve Got Both Versions For You Here!
Whether you are a fan of the Yard House shiitake mushroom garlic noodles or prefer their lobster garlic noodles, we’re sure you’ll love our rendition of these deliciously popular entrees when making them at home.
With both recipes packing tons of flavor while remaining relatively simple to make, you can defer to either of these recipes if you intend to impress a crowd or want to enjoy something yummy on a weekend when you’d rather stay in the house.
Either way, these recipes are a true crowd-pleaser. We hope you enjoy it!
More noodle or copycat posts here:
- How Long Do Rice Noodles Last
- Kluski Noodles
- Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp
- Texas Roadhouse Mushroom
How do you make garlic shiitake noodles?
Garlic shiitake noodles are typically made using soy sauce, shiitake mushrooms, green onions or chives, and either egg noodles or ramen noodles. Of course, there are other spices and ingredients involved to make the flavor really pop, but in general, these are the main ingredients that compose shiitake mushroom garlic noodles.
What are shiitake garlic noodles?
Shiitake garlic noodles are noodles that are tossed in soy or stir fry sauce and paired with shiitake mushrooms for an exquisite deep and meaty flavor that will keep you coming back for more. Shiitake mushrooms are usually preferred over other mushroom types because they provide a whole host of health benefits and have richer and meatier flavor than other mushroom types.
How do you make lobster tail noodle?
To make lobster tail noodles, you’ll need to prepare your lobster tails before adding them to the noodles. The sauce in the recipe consists of butter, ginger, sugar, flour, and other spices and ingredients to help amplify the flavor. The result is a truly unforgettable and sophisticated dish that you can serve casually or even at the fanciest events.