Whataburger cup sizes aren’t like your average fast food restaurant. Whether you’ve never been to Whataburger or are a Whataburger fanatic, know that when it comes to drinks, this popular restaurant franchise doesn’t disappoint. So, what’s so special about Whataburger drink sizes and what drinks do they offer? Stick around for those answers.
Table of Contents
- The History Behind Whataburger’s “BIG” Branding
- Why Are Whataburger Cups So Big?
- What Size Are Whataburger Cups: Whataburger Cup Sizes OZ
- What Kind of Drinks Does Whataburger Have?
- Whataburger Cup Sizes: Bigger Is Better!
The History Behind Whataburger’s “BIG” Branding
Whataburger is a fast food burger joint developed by Harmon Dobson in 1950. It is said that Dobson was on a mission to create a burger that was so big and so delicious that his consumers would exclaim, “Whataburger!” after tasting it.
Pretty lofty goals, right?
Well, Dobson succeeded. Today, the Whataburger chain is immensely popular. Having gotten its start in Texas, there are now over 900 locations across the nation with the most in Texas. Still, Whataburger chains can be found checked across the nation. The first ever Whataburger restaurant outside of Texas was founded in Florida. Beyond Florida, this beloved burger restaurant is also found in Louisiana, Alabama, Oklahoma, and more.
Know that as of right now, Whataburger locations can only be found in southern states. More recently, Whataburger has announced expansion plans to include Tennessee. Still, if you consider yourself a Yankee and live up north, you may be waiting a while to see a Whataburger open up near you. But hey–one can dream, can’t they?
Why Are Whataburger Cups So Big?
So, now that you know a little bit of the history behind Whataburger branding, it’s time to discuss why Whataburger restaurants serve cups that are so big, The answer? It fits the theme!
That’s right. Having originated from Texas, where everything is said to be bigger, it just makes sense. Whataburger is also known for crunchy fried chicken tenders and delectable burgers that feature a 5-inch bun. So, it’s no wonder that Whataburger would also feature supremely large drinks. Many customers that have ordered a “medium” or “large” size drink have confusingly walked out with a cup size that was at least double what they were expecting.
So, how big is big when it comes to Whataburger cup sizing? I’m so glad you asked!
What Size Are Whataburger Cups: Whataburger Cup Sizes OZ
Whataburger has four cup sizes. The following are the cup sizes along with the amount of liquid they hold:
- Kids Size – 16 oz
- Small Size-20 oz
- Medium Size- 32 ounce
- Large Size- 44 oz
As you can see, Whataburger large cup sizes can’t be ignored. When engaging in a Whataburger cup sizes comparison it is obvious that Whataburger is overly generous with the number of liquid goods they serve to the people.
For reference, know that the average fast food restaurant does serve some drink sizes that are similar to Whataburger. The difference, however, lies in the sizing of the medium and large drinks.
For example, McDonald’s serves medium drinks at 21 oz versus Whataburger’s whopping 32 oz. McDonald’s large drink is 30 oz versus Whataburger’s 44 ounces.
Get the drift?
Thus, if you’re in the mood for a particularly large sip, be sure to stop into your local Whataburger if you’re lucky enough to have one near you. Their drink sizes don’t disappoint!
Note: Just so that you’re aware, some people believe that the kid’s size drink from Whataburger is as big as the small. This is inaccurate, however, as the small is a few ounces larger than the kid’s size.
What Kind of Drinks Does Whataburger Have?
So, you’re informed on Whataburger cup sizes and how they sharply differ from other fast food restaurants in town. Cool! What kind of drinks does Whataburger serve anyway?
This is yet another thing most consumers dearly love about Whataburger, and that’s the variety of delicious drinks they carry.
Whether you’re in the mood for a soft drink or want to go all out with a chocolate malt, Whataburger has all your food-related guilty pleasures covered in one menu!
The following are some of the drinks that Whataburger locations often carry. Keep in mind that a menu item can vary based on location, so be sure to check the menu before assuming that the drinks listed here will be available at your local Whataburger.
Note: Sometimes only medium and large drinks are available depending on how you place your order and where you are ordering from. For example, ordering over the app may not give you the option to order a “kid’s” or “small” drink. Instead, you may have to choose from a massive medium or large drink to pair with your meal.
*Not all beverages come in kid sizing (see shakes and malts)
- Kid’s Caffeine Free Diet Coke® (16 fl oz)
- Small Caffeine Free Diet Coke® (20 fl oz)
- Medium Caffeine Free Diet Coke® (32 fl oz)
- Large Caffeine Free Diet Coke® (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Cherry Coke® (16 fl oz)
- Small Cherry Coke® (20 fl oz)
- Medium Cherry Coke® (32 fl oz)
- Large Cherry Coke® (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Sprite® (16 fl oz)
- Small Sprite® (20 fl oz)
- Medium Sprite® (32 fl oz)
- Large Sprite® (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Dr. Pepper® (16 fl oz)
- Small Dr. Pepper® (20 fl oz)
- Medium Dr. Pepper® (32 fl oz)
- Large Dr. Pepper® (44 fl oz)
Barq’s Root Beer
- Kid’s Barq’s® Root Beer (16 fl oz)
- Small Barq’s® Root Beer (20 fl oz)
- Medium Barq’s® Root Beer (32 fl oz)
- Large Barq’s® Root Beer (44 fl oz)
Minute Maid Light Lemonade
- Kid’s Minute Maid® Light Lemonade (16 fl oz)
- Small Minute Maid® Light Lemonade (20 fl oz)
- Medium Minute Maid® Light Lemonade (32 fl oz)
- Large Minute Maid® Light Lemonade (44 fl oz)
Powerade Mountain Blast
- Kid’s POWERADE® Mountain Blast (16 fl oz)
- Small POWERADE® Mountain Blast (20 fl oz)
- Medium POWERADE® Mountain Blast (32 fl oz)
- Large POWERADE® Mountain Blast (44 fl oz)
Powerade Fruit Punch
- Kid’s POWERADE® Fruit Punch (16 fl oz)
- Small POWERADE® Fruit Punch (20 fl oz)
- Medium POWERADE® Fruit Punch (32 fl oz)
- Large POWERADE® Fruit Punch (44 fl oz)
Hi-C Orange Lavaburst
- Kid’s Hi-C® Orange Lavaburst (16 fl oz)
- Small Hi-C® Orange Lavaburst (20 fl oz)
- Medium Hi-C® Orange Lavaburst (32 fl oz)
- Large Hi-C® Orange Lavaburst (44 fl oz)
Hi-C Poppin’ Pink Lemonade
- Kid’s Hi-C® Poppin’ Pink Lemonade (16 fl oz)
- Small Hi-C® Poppin’ Pink Lemonade (20 fl oz)
- Medium Hi-C® Poppin’ Pink Lemonade (32 fl oz)
- Large Hi-C® Poppin’ Pink Lemonade (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Fanta® Orange (16 fl oz)
- Small Fanta® Orange (20 fl oz)
- Medium Fanta® Orange (32 fl oz)
- Large Fanta® Orange (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Fanta® Strawberry (16 fl oz)
- Small Fanta® Strawberry (20 fl oz)
- Medium Fanta® Strawberry (32 fl oz)
- Large Fanta® Strawberry (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Mello Yello® (16 fl oz)
- Small Mello Yello® (20 fl oz)
- Medium Mello Yello® (32 fl oz)
- Large Mello Yello® (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Coca-Cola® Classic (16 fl oz)
- Small Coca-Cola® Classic (20 fl oz)
- Medium Coca-Cola® Classic (32 fl oz)
- Large Coca-Cola® Classic (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Diet Coke® (16 fl oz)
- Small Diet Coke® (20 fl oz)
- Medium Diet Coke® (32 fl oz)
- Large Diet Coke® (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Coke ZeroTM (16 fl oz)
- Small Coke ZeroTM (20 fl oz)
- Medium Coke ZeroTM (32 fl oz)
- Large Coke ZeroTM (44 fl oz)
- Small Chocolate Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Chocolate Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Chocolate Shake (32 fl oz)
- Small Chocolate Malt (16 fl oz)
- Medium Chocolate Malt (20 fl oz)
- Large Chocolate Malt (32 fl oz)
- Small Strawberry Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Strawberry Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Strawberry Shake (32 fl oz)
- Small Strawberry Malt (16 fl oz)
- Medium Strawberry Malt (20 fl oz)
- Large Strawberry Malt (32 fl oz)
- Small Vanilla Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Vanilla Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Vanilla Shake (32 fl oz)
- Small Vanilla Malt (16 fl oz)
- Medium Vanilla Malt (20 fl oz)
- Large Vanilla Malt (32 fl oz)
- Small Dr. Pepper® Shake† (16 fl oz)
- Medium Dr. Pepper® Shake† (20 fl oz)
- Large Dr. Pepper® Shake† (32 fl oz)
Fuze Raspberry Tea
- Kid’s Fuze® Raspberry Tea (16 fl oz)
- Small Fuze® Raspberry Tea (20 fl oz)
- Medium Fuze® Raspberry Tea (32 fl oz)
- Large Fuze® Raspberry Tea (44 fl oz)
- Kid’s Pibb® Xtra (16 fl oz)
- Small Pibb® Xtra (20 fl oz)
- Medium Pibb® Xtra (32 fl oz)
- Large Pibb® Xtra (44 fl oz)
Whataburger Cup Sizes: Bigger Is Better!
As you can see, deliciousness doesn’t stop at just “eating” at Whataburger; it includes drinking, too! There’s a wide variety of drinks to choose from and Whataburger isn’t stingy about how much of it they give you. And that, friends, is something to celebrate.