Chicken bruschetta involves grilled bread topped with flavorful chicken, sliced tomatoes, olives and basil. And while this sounds like an appetizing snack on its own, why not turn it into a meal? Take a look at some of the delightful side dish ideas for you to try! Also, let us know if you try one of these options for what to serve with bruschetta chicken.
Table of Contents
- What is Bruschetta?
- What Goes With Bruschetta Chicken? 9 Incredible Side Dishes
- How to Make Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- What to Serve With Bruschetta Chicken – Side Dishes for Yummy Bruschetta
- What to Serve With Bruschetta Chicken – FAQs
What is Bruschetta?
Traditional bruschetta is a classic Italian dish consisting of sliced bread dipped in olive oil. It’s topped with tomato slices, garlic, and basil leaves. It’s typically served as an appetizer before the main meal, but can also make a great side dish.
Bruschetta can be served alongside soups and salads, or simply devoured on its own!
What Goes With Bruschetta Chicken? 9 Incredible Side Dishes
Some of the best side dishes for bruschetta are normally served as appetizers. Here are some delicious varieties to choose from:
- Garlic brown rice
- Antipasto pasta salad
- Stuffed tomatoes
- Roasted pumpkin
- Braised leeks
- Fried zucchini
- Green beans with blue cheese
- Potato salad
Garlic Brown Rice
A scrumptious combination of garlic fried rice served alongside crispy chicken bruschetta will have you salivating in anticipation.
The recipe requires several ingredients consisting of olive oil, garlic, uncooked rice, parsley, salt, and water. You can include an additional vegetable you like to balance out the cold chicken flavors.
Antipasto Pasta Salad
While the name might be a mouthful, you won’t be able to keep your hands off of this pasta salad.
The combination of pasta salad with bruschetta is exceptional. A light and refreshing mouthful of antipasto salad, accompanied by a bite of bruschetta will go down a treat.
You can include anything you want to the dish, to make it even more delicious. The ingredients consist of light Italian elements like olives, bocconcini, cooked pasta and sun-dried tomatoes. You can also include cheese or meat if you want to shake things up a little.
The dressing is also very easy to make, and involves olive oil, chili flakes, salt, pepper and parsley.
Stuffed tomatoes are another great side dish to have alongside chicken bruschetta, because they include lots of delicious flavors. They are also super easy to make.
All you need is some breadcrumbs, mozzarella cheese, chili flakes, fresh basil and tomatoes. Although you can include minced meat, and other flavorings if you wish.
Roasted pumpkin packs a bucket load of flavors, and while it’s delicious on its own, it’s even better when served alongside chicken bruschetta.
The unique combination of flavors will make this light dinner, insanely scrumptious. And it only requires a few ingredients: pumpkin, chili flakes, salt pork, vegetable oil, white wine vinegar, and white pepper.
Braised leeks are much better than simply fried leeks, because they include beef stock, lemon zest and a sprinkle of pepper for an elevated finish.
This particular version of braised leeks pairs well with any bruschetta recipe, especially a chicken bruschetta.
Zucchini is a super versatile vegetable, meaning that it’s best when served with a variety of dishes.
Fried zucchini can be served as an appetizer before the main is bought to the table. Or simply placed alongside bruschetta as a delicious, crisp accompaniment.
This dish is super simple to make and includes milk, white wine vinegar, black pepper, zucchini, and flour.
- Simply dip your zucchini in milk and white vinegar mixture.
- Toss this into the flour, and deep fry.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and enjoy!
Green Beans with Blue Cheese
If you love beans, then this is the perfect side dish to have with bruschetta, because it’s super delicious and very easy to make.
- Boil the beans in boiling water.
- Then add your spices like salt, garlic, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Finally add a handful of crumbled blue cheese for the finishing touch.
- Enjoy with your chicken bruschetta!
Pesto is a classic Italian dish that pairs well with bruschetta. The pesto must be thick with a good olive oil to basil ratio.
You can use this as a sauce, or dip for your chicken bruschetta. Simply dip and devour!
Potato salad is a great side to have alongside bruschetta. It’s light, and loaded with scrumptious flavors, and super easy to prepare.
- Simply boil your potatoes till they’re nice and tender
- Add a sprinkle of garlic powder, garnish with fresh herbs
- Coat in your favorite dressing.
Potato salad is best served cold, so it’s always great to make it ahead of time.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Bruschetta and grilled chicken make a fantastic combination. Take a look at this drool-worthy recipe:
For the chicken
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts (bite sized pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. rosemary
- Pinch salt and pepper
For the bruschetta
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese
For grilled chicken
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, thyme, rosemary, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring that it is coated all over.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic and dice 4 tomatoes.
- Mince ⅓ cup of fresh basil, and place the diced tomatoes, garlic, and basil into a bowl with half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then stir and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat. Wait until the pan gets hot then add the marinated chicken.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes per side. Once the internal temperature of the chicken breasts reaches 165 degrees F, remove them from the pan.
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest.
- Top the chicken with a generous serving of bruschetta, followed by some basil.
- Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy.
What to Serve With Bruschetta Chicken – Side Dishes for Yummy Bruschetta
From pasta salad to delectable roasted pumpkin, these scrumptious side dishes will have your tummy satiated in no time!
What to Serve With Bruschetta Chicken – FAQs
How is Bruschetta Served in Italy?
Bruschetta is topped with pork salami, and eaten in Itay. The toasted bread is rubbed with garlic, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt.
Is Bruschetta a Side Dish?
Bruschetta is an antipasto which means “before the meal.” You can consider it as an appetizer or entrée.
Should Bruschetta be Served Warm or Cold?
Bruschetta toppings can be cold, but the bread it is served on should be warm.