If you’re wondering what to eat with mozzarella sticks, you aren’t alone. Many mozzarella fans love cheese sticks but struggle with what to pair them with that isn’t marinara sauce. If that’s you, no worries! In this post, we’ll be revealing my favorite mozzarella cheese stick pairings you can serve any time of the day.
Table of Contents
- What Are Mozzarella Sticks Good With?
- Mozzarella Sticks: The Sauces
- Mozzarella Sticks: The Foods
- Mozzarella Sticks: Mealtime
- What to Eat With Mozzarella Sticks to Make Them Healthy
- Wondering What to Eat With Mozzarella Sticks? Choose From Plenty!
What Are Mozzarella Sticks Good With?
Mozzarella sticks can go well with a variety of food items. In fact, you’ll likely be surprised at all the combinations you can come up with for a delicious and filling meal.
Mozzarella Sticks: The Sauces
There are several types of dipping sauces that go great with mozzarella cheese sticks. Check them out below!
What to Dip Mozzarella Sticks In
- Ketchup: When it comes to what sauce to eat with mozzarella sticks, you may not think of ketchup. Still, this sweet sauce reminiscent of marinara is an easy grab for a great cheese sticks dipping sauce.
- Guacamole: Unusual but oh-so-good, guacamole’s creamy consistency pairs surprisingly well with mozzarella stick’s cheesy and crunchy texture.
- Marinara Sauce: Tried, true, and one of my FAVORITE pairings, this is arguably the best dip for mozzarella sticks. This tomato-based traditional thick sauce is delicious when matched with creamy texture that cheese sticks bring.
- Buffalo Sauce: For a spicy and yummy kick, try dipping your mozzarella stick in either buffalo sauce or hot sauce.
- Mayo: Mayonnaise is creamy and rich, so when paired with soft and gooey mozzarella sticks, you can expect to have a mouthful of creamy and delicious flavor.
- Honey Mustard: Honey mustard adds a sweet and sour tang to crunchy fried mozzarella sticks for an out-of-this-world flavor combo.
- Thai Sweet Chili – You may be surprised at this one, but many Asian sauces like this add sweet and unique flavors to cheesy mozzarella sticks.
- Tomato Sauce: Tomato sauce may seem boring, but when you don’t have marinara on hand, you’ll be grateful for this easy substitution.
- Salsa: Don’t think salsa goes with mozzarella sticks? Think again! Salsa has a tomato base that’s perfect for a slight spin on dipping sauce for traditional cheese sticks.
Does Ranch Go With Mozzarella Sticks?
Yes, you can use ranch as a dipping sauce for mozzarella sticks. In fact, this creamy treat is one of my personal favorites!
Is Ranch Good With Mozzarella Sticks?
It can be! Lovers of cheese and ranch together won’t be let down by this flavorful combo.
Can You Use Pizza Sauce for Mozzarella Sticks?
Absolutely! Pizza sauce is a great pairing for cheese sticks!
Sour Cream Dip for Mozzarella Sticks
Sour cream provides a rich and creamy dipping alternative to traditional marinara sauce.
Mozzarella Sticks: The Foods
In need of a few yummy suggestions for food pairings for mozzarella sticks? I’ve got you!
Try these when you’re looking for something delectable to pair with your mozzarella sticks:
Mozzarella Sticks: Mealtime
Looking to make your mozzarella sticks into a meal? If so, you’re in luck! There are countless ways you can make your mozzarella sticks a part of your everyday meal. Just know that some of these combinations you may have never thought of. But don’t worry. That’s what we’re here for!
Can You Eat Cheese Sticks For Breakfast
You certainly can. Pig out for breakfast by pairing mozzarella sticks with the following:
Can You Eat Mozzarella as a Snack?
Of course, you can! Snacks to make with mozzarella cheese sticks include:
- Garlic bread
- Grilled eggplant mozzarella sticks
- Crunchy veggies
How to Eat Mozzarella Sticks For Lunch
Mozzarella sticks can be a filling lunch treat on their own, but you probably want to pair them with something. Try matching mozzarella sticks with any of the following lunch suggestions to help stave you off until dinner:
What Goes With Mozzarella Sticks for Dinner?
Ah, dinner. Who doesn’t love this time of the day? Try matching mozzarella sticks with meats, pastas, or even stir fry dishes for a surprisingly tasty pairing that you weren’t expecting to be SO scrumptious!
- Stir fry
- Barbecue beef or chicken
- Grilled chicken
- Spaghetti with basil (or any type of pasta)
- Chicken pesto
- Creamy garlic mac
- Chicken wings
- Buffalo chicken salad sliders
What to Eat With Mozzarella Sticks to Make Them Healthy
Remember that mozzarella sticks, in and of themselves, aren’t usually associated with healthy food. However, if you want to lighten them up a bit, consider pairing them with a salad or crunchy veggies. This will help lessen your caloric intake and won’t have you feeling as guilty afterward.
Wondering What to Eat With Mozzarella Sticks? Choose From Plenty!
What goes good with mozzarella sticks? Everything! If you’re still wondering what goes with mozzarella sticks, just know that the sky’s the limit when it comes to yummy matches. Mozzarella sticks pair well with nachos, meats, salads, veggies, sandwiches, and even eggs.
So, what are you waiting for? Try one of these flavorful combinations the next time you grab a box of mozzarella sticks and see what you think.
See you next time!
Are mozzarella sticks a healthy snack?
Not really. Though mozzarella itself can be considered healthy, the fact that these sticks are fried in oil makes them less than desired when it comes to diets. Thus, it is best to eat mozzarella sticks on an occasional basis.
Can I eat mozzarella on its own?
Of course, you can! You can also jazz it up by adding a little bit of tomato, basil, and olive oil to it. It’s so tasty!
What do you eat with string cheese?
String cheese is often consumed as a snack. As such, it can be great with baby carrots and hummus, peanut butter, crackers, milk, or even a crisp apple. It’s really up to you!
How do you spice up frozen mozzarella sticks?
Frozen mozzarella sticks can be dipped in sauces other than the thick marinara sauce that you’re used to. Try dipping them in ranch, guacamole, mayo, or even an Asian sauce (like Thai chili) for a delectably different cheese stick experience!
What are mozzarella sticks with raspberry sauce?
This may seem like an odd combination, but it is totally popular. If you’re surprised, I recommend you try it. You likely won’t be disappointed!