Live a healthy lifestyle with the aid of sea moss smoothies. There’s something incredibly amazing about starting your morning with a power-charging drink. Roll out of bed and take a sip of these tongue-tingling smoothies, complete with gut-healthy sea moss gel, promising an abundance of nourishment with every sip. Try some of these refreshing sea moss drinks today!
Table of Contents
- How to Make Sea Moss Gel?
- Delicious Sea Moss Drink Recipes
- Other Sea Moss Drink Recipes to Try
- What is Sea Moss?
- How Much Sea Moss Should You Take a Day?
- Sea Moss Drink Recipes to Try Right Now!
- Sea Moss Drink Recipes – FAQs
How to Make Sea Moss Gel?
There are many ways to consume sea moss, and one of the most popular methods of consumption is gel form. Learn how to make this quick and easy sea moss gel, so that you can add a spoonful or two to your delicious morning smoothies.
- 1 oz dried raw Irish sea moss
- 1-2 cups alkaline or spring water (plus more for cleaning and soaking)
- Place dried sea moss in a large bowl, submerge the sea moss in water, and gently massage the sea moss. Make sure you’ve removed any visible dirt and debris from the seaweed. Then drain and repeat this step once more.
- Place the soaked sea moss in a large bowl and cover it with filtered or spring water. Ensure your sea moss is entirely submerged, and allow this to soak for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Add the sea moss to a high-powered blender with water. Add one cup of water and blend until smooth. Transfer the sea moss into an airtight container and refrigerate.
- The sea moss should thicken in the fridge after 2 hours.
Different Ways to Use Sea Moss Gel
Sea moss gel can be used in a variety of ways. Not only is it an exceptional source of food, but it can also help thicken soups and stews, strengthen plant soil, and moisturize your skin!
Delicious Sea Moss Drink Recipes
Drinking sea moss is probably one of the easiest and most delicious ways to consume raw sea moss. Once you’ve managed to soak and blend dried sea moss into a gel, it’s ready to add to a breakfast smoothie!
Take a look at some of the sea moss drink recipes below:
- Watermelon sea moss drink
- Jamaican Irish moss drink
- Sea moss blackberry drink
- Mango sea moss smoothie
- Sea moss banana smoothie
- Carrot ginger turmeric smoothie
- Chocolate raspberry sea moss smoothie
- Spirulina smoothie
Watermelon Sea Moss Drink
This refreshing and healthy watermelon drink is loaded with all the health benefits of sea moss.
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 2 tbsp sea moss gel
- ½ lime
- Add sea moss gel, mint, and lime to a cup and muddle.
- Pour the watermelon juice into the cup.
- Add ice, and enjoy.
Jamaican Irish Moss Drink
This delicious Jamaican sea moss drink recipe makes the perfect drink to begin your mornings. Brimming with energy, and incredible health benefits, you’ll feel energized the moment you’ve taken a sip!
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- Coconut condensed milk
- ¼ cup of sweetener (agave syrup, maple syrup, or coconut nectar)
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 4 tbsp to ⅓ cup of sea moss gel, followed by almond milk, vanilla, spices, and sweetener into a high-speed blender.
- Blend this until the mixture achieves a smooth consistency.
Sea Moss Blackberry Drink
With sea moss providing an incredible bunch of health benefits, it’s almost impossible to ignore. Try this easy and delicious sea moss drink, featuring beautiful blackberries and lots of coconut cream!
- 1 handful of blackberries
- 2 tbsp sea moss gel
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup ice
- Muddle the blackberries at the bottom of your glass.
- Add ice on top of muddled blackberries.
- Mix ice, sea moss gel, coconut cream, coconut water, and lime.
- Pour this into a cup and enjoy!
Mango Sea Moss Smoothie
Mangoes have a special place in my heart, and once you’ve taken a sip of this scrumptious mango sea moss smoothie, you’ll feel the same!
- ¾ cup Jamaican sea moss gel
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ tbsp grated ginger
- 1 cup coconut water
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend the ingredients until they’re smooth and achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sea Moss Banana Smoothie
If you love bananas as much as I do, wait till you get your hands on this delicious drink.
- 75g of peanuts
- 2 frozen bananas
- ⅓ cup Irish sea moss gel
- 2 cups coconut water
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- Agave nectar or dates
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the peanuts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Roast the peanuts for several minutes until they’re nice and golden.
- Once they’re roasted, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Add coconut water, frozen bananas, oats, spices, sea moss gel, roasted peanuts, and your choice of sweetener.
- Blend this until you’ve achieved a smooth consistency.
Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
Both carrot and ginger provide incredible health benefits, and once you’ve included sea moss into the mix you’d have a glassful of unstoppable strength!
- 2 large carrots cut into large chunks
- 1.5 cup frozen pineapple
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp Jamaican Irish sea moss gel
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until the mixture achieves a smooth consistency.
- If you find that the drink is thicker than necessary then add some more almond milk till you achieve the desired consistency.
- For a thicker sea moss smoothie, include some more frozen fruit and blend.
Chocolate Raspberry Sea Moss Smoothie
Rich velvety chocolate blended with delicious raspberries followed by nature’s magical element creates one powerful smoothie.
- ½ avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- 1.5 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup sea moss gel
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 3 Medjool dates
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If your smoothie is thicker than necessary, add more almond milk. However, if you prefer a thicker consistency, then add ice and blend until you achieve the perfect consistency.
Blueberry Sea Moss Smoothie
Enjoy the incredible benefits of sea moss through delicious smoothies like this blueberry sea moss smoothie. This vegan sea moss drink is loaded with beneficial ingredients, that’ll have you fully charged in no time.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana peeled
- 2 tbsp plain unsalted almond butter
- 2-4 tbsp sea moss gel
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- Prepare your ingredients. (Don’t forget to wash your blueberries.)
- Add all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until you’ve achieved a smooth consistency.
- If you prefer a creamier then simply add less almond milk and more frozen fruit for a thicker consistency.
This scrumptious spirulina smoothie is brimming with tropical flavors, complete with incredible detoxifying elements, and immunity-boosting nutrients.
- 2 tsp spirulina powder
- 1.5 cup frozen mango
- 1.5 cup frozen pineapple
- 1.5 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1.5 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 small zucchini
- 2-3 tbsp sea moss gel
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend the ingredients until you’ve achieved a smooth consistency.
- Add more or less non-dairy milk to adjust the consistency of the smoothie
- Serve and enjoy!
Other Sea Moss Drink Recipes to Try
If you thought sea moss drinks were delicious, wait till you get your hands on some of these scrumptious sea moss desserts.
- Chocolate pudding with Irish sea moss
- Watermelon sea moss slushie
- Elderberry sea moss gummies
- Blueberry chia sea moss jam
Chocolate Pudding with Irish Sea Moss
A fine way to enjoy the benefits of sea moss, without feeling guilty is through this deliciously crafted chocolate pudding. Once you realize the power held in this bowl of beauty, you’ll be back for more in no time.
- 65g cacao powder
- 150ml coconut milk
- 30ml coconut oil
- 65g Irish moss seaweed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine Irish sea moss gel with the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour and refrigerate for 3 hours, ensuring the pudding sets, then enjoy!
Watermelon Sea Moss Slushie
This delicious vegan sea moss recipe is the perfect summertime drink. A frozen blast of fruity perfection all in one glass!
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup homemade sea moss gel
- 1 whole lime
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp light agave nectar
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Add all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until you’ve achieved a perfectly smooth consistency.
- Garnish your slushie with a lime wedge and some fresh mint.
Elderberry Sea Moss Gummies
These fruit-infused gummies are loaded with immunity-boosting antioxidants, minerals and so much more!
- 1 cup sea moss gel
- 1 tbsp bladderwrack
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp agar-agar
- ½ cup plain alkaline water
- Start with 6 ounces of sea moss gel, then add bladderwrack, maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice to the sea moss gel in a blender. Blend these ingredients until well incorporated.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat add agar-agar powder. Stir thoroughly, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat and stir in the sea moss gel mixture, until well incorporated. Let this come to a low boil.
- Stir the mixture, making sure the sea moss gel mixture and agar-agar are thoroughly incorporated. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Drop the sea moss gel mixture into some gummy bear cavities.
- The gummy bears should immediately begin to set. Transfer the gummy bear mold into the fridge, and let this set for an hour.
- Once the gummies have set, remove and transfer them to an airtight jar. Refrigerate and consume within 3 weeks.
Blueberry Chia Sea Moss Jam
This super nutritious sea moss jam is incredibly delicious, and perfect for smearing over some toast. The best part is, it’s vegan and gluten-free!
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sea moss gel
- In a saucepan over low heat, add blueberries, maple syrup, lemon zest, and lemon juice, then bring this to a low boil. Make sure to stir this mixture continuously, then the blueberries will begin to burst. Use a wooden spoon to mash half of the blueberries to release the succulent juices.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and allow the mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chia seeds. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently. The jam should begin to think.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sea moss. Allow the jam to cool for 10 minutes, and then transfer this to a clear glass jar. Spread this nutritious jam over pancakes, waffles, and sandwiches.
- Once the jam has cooled completely, transfer the jar of magical sea moss jam to the fridge, and consume within a week.
What is Sea Moss?
Sea moss is a type of algae that grows along the rugged rocks of the Atlantic coast and North America. The moss has many health benefits, which is why we try to extract as much of it as we can through these delicious sea moss drink recipes. Sea moss can be found in many forms including gel, powder, and capsules. The majority of sea moss lovers prefer sea moss gel, because of its incredible versatility.
What is Sea Moss Gel?
Sea moss gel is simply raw-soaked sea moss blended with water. You can also opt to add fruits, herbs, or veggies for a delicious fruit-infused sea moss gel. Sea moss gel can be eaten straight out of the jar, or added to smoothies and milkshakes, providing a powerful energy boost for the day!
Benefits of Consuming Sea Moss
Sea moss is a type of superfood that everyone must get their hands on. Normally when we fall sick, we expect a magical medicine of some sort to heal us. But when we have something as special as sea moss gel; we’ve got the antidote to most health problems right in our hands! Consuming sea moss in any form can:
- Keep your heart healthy: Sea moss is incredibly high in fiber when compared to most vegetables. This can help improve cholesterol and reduce risks of chronic disease in the body.
- Promote weight loss: Since sea moss contains so much fiber, it can help keep you fuller for longer, which also means that it can prevent overeating!
- Support gut health: Your gut is crawling with good and bad bacteria. It’s essential to balance these bacteria to ensure a healthier gut, and the inclusion of sea moss in our diets can help balance the bacteria in no time, ensuring a healthier, happier gut.
- Boost immunity: Sea moss is high in iron and antioxidants which may contribute to immune health.
- Build muscle: Sea moss contains an amino acid called taurine which can assist in muscle building. Although you must ensure that you’re eating healthy, and remaining hydrated.
How Much Sea Moss Should You Take a Day?
If you’re new to the world of sea moss, then before you start shoveling spoonfuls of nature’s magic in your mouth, aim to start with a small amount each day before gradually increasing it. Generally, it’s recommended to take one teaspoon of sea moss powder, 2 tablespoons of sea moss gel, or two capsules of sea moss per day.
As with any form of medication, it’s better to consult your healthcare provider before consuming sea moss to ensure that it is safe for you.
Sea Moss Drink Recipes to Try Right Now!
If the idea of sea moss drink appeals to you, then grab your best blender and get smoothie making! You can mix and match a variety of ingredients until you’ve achieved the perfect sea weed smoothie!
Which one of these sea moss drink recipes is your favorite?
Sea Moss Drink Recipes – FAQs
What is The Best Way to Drink Sea Moss?
Smoothies are possibly the easiest way to drink sea moss. You can combine any kind of fruit, vegetables, or herbs you like. Simply add your ingredients to a blender, followed by a tablespoon of sea moss. Blend and enjoy!
What Mixes Well With Sea Moss?
Fruits and vegetables mix well with sea moss gel. However, you can also mix ingredients like chocolate milk, ice cream, or jam and achieve delicious results.
Can You Drink Sea Moss Everyday?
Generally, you should aim to consume one spoonful of sea moss powder or two capsules per day. If you wish to consume sea moss in smoothie form, then one tablespoon dropped in a blender should suffice.
Can You Drink Sea Moss Straight?
Many choose to consume sea moss gel straight from the jar, and if you can handle the unpleasant taste, then why not? Additionally, you can opt to infuse your sea moss gel with fruits or vegetables to alter the taste slightly before eating a spoonful of it straight from its jar.