It’s one thing to make cookies using sugar cookie dough, but how about taking things to the next level with other recipes using sugar cookie dough? Sugar cookie dough can serve as the base for a variety of yummy treats, and in this post, I’ll unveil a few of my favorites. Ready to get out of that cookie rut? Then, let’s go!
Table of Contents
- How Do You Jazz Up Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough?
- What Can I Make With Dry Sugar Cookie Dough?
- Recipes With Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Recipes Using Sugar Cookie Dough: There Are SO Many Ideas Out There!
How Do You Jazz Up Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough?
For starters, let’s begin with ways you can spice up traditional cookie dough to give it a bit of oomph so it isn’t so plain. Although we love basic sugar cookie dough, fun variations can put a fun spin on these traditional cookies to make them even better. What’s more, is that you don’t have to feel like you need to bust out all your cooking gear to get the job done. Simply using store bought dough will do the trick!
So, where do you start? To make it easier, I’ve broken these cookie dough enhancer ideas into two categories: edible cookie dough and bakeable cookie dough. Edible cookie dough is similar to raw dough, however, the recipe is formulated so that you won’t get sick from eating it. Bakeable cookie dough refers to the traditional cookies you bake in the oven.
Okay, enough rambling. Let’s get into how to jazz up basic cookie dough!
What to Add to Sugar Cookie Dough?
Part of the beauty of using plain sugar cookie dough is that so much can be done with it. Unlike other types of dough that have chocolate chips or clashing flavors in them, sugar cookies provide a blank canvas that allows you to experiment in a variety of ways. From colored cookie dough* to uniquely flavored sugar cookie dough, the opportunities are endless.
Need ideas to get you started? Though I’ve got a multitude of ideas coming up for you later in the post, you can easily come up with our own creations using the following creative mix-in ideas. Simply mix these into your refrigerated cookie dough and watch the magic happen!
- Marshmallow creme (for edible sugar cookie dough)
- Pretzels (for edible sugar cookie dough)
- Chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
- Peanut butter chips
- Caramel chips
- White Chocolate chips
- Sanding sugar
- Food coloring
- Marshmallows (for edible sugar cookie dough)
- Dried fruit
- Cream cheese
- Flavored syrup (best for edible sugar cookie dough when used as a topping)
- Whipped cream (for edible sugar cookie dough)
- Fudge (for edible sugar cookie dough)
Recipes Using Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
The following are some of my favorite recipes that utilize edible sugar cookie dough:
- S’mores Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- M&M Cookie Dough Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Recipe
- Cookie Dough Sundae Recipe
Tip: Pillsbury sugar cookie dough comes in a safe to eat raw recipe. Use this type of cookie dough if you don’t feel like making up a separate batch of made from scratch sugar cookie dough at home.
Recipes Using Bakeable Sugar Cookie Dough
- Reese Cup Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Polar Peppermint Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Sassy Sprinkles Sugar Cookies Recipe
What Can I Make With Dry Sugar Cookie Dough?
If you have store bought or homemade sugar cookie dough, there are a variety of ways you can use it outside of its natural function. I’ve detailed above the ways you can top and jazz up traditional cookie dough, but what about recipes that allow you to create something completely new using sugar cookie dough?
I’ve got that all here for you, too! Refer below for a few awesome Pillsbury recipes that utilize either store bought or homemade cookie dough to bake up something delicious. Enjoy!
Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Recipes
- Mini Fruit Pizzas Recipe
- Peach Slab Pie Recipe
- Birthday Party Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Birthday Cheesecake Cookie Cups Recipe
Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Bar Recipes
- Confetti Cookie Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Sheet Pan Bars Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cookie Bars Recipe
Recipes With Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
In addition to the previously mentioned Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough Recipes for sugar cookies, did you know you can also use Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough to make delicious recipe desserts? It’s true! Though not as versatile as sugar cookie dough, chocolate chip cookie dough batter can be used to form the base of cookie dough bars or used in other unique ways to make eating chocolate chip cookie dough that much more fun. These include:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Giant Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brookies Recipe
Recipes Using Sugar Cookie Dough: There Are SO Many Ideas Out There!
Now you know, there are many different ways to use refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Froom cookie bars to mini fruit pies and more, you can totally come up with fun and easy ways to make ordinary refrigerated sugar cookie dough into something really special.
So, go ahead and get creative. Don’t forget to come back and let me know which recipes you’ve tried! Until next time…
Can you reuse sugar cookie dough?
You can reuse sugar cookie dough that has been properly kept. Cookie dough that hasn’t expired or doesn’t exhibit signs of rancidity is fine to reuse. However, you should take precaution not to leave your cookie dough at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. Doing so could cause your cookie dough to go bad, and as a result, make you sick.
Can I freeze sugar cookies?
Yes, it is possible to freeze both the dough and the cookies. Simply place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and put it in the fridge where it will keep for up to 2 months.
Is cookie dough safe to eat raw?
Sugar cookie dough isn’t typically safe to eat raw. However, there are certain types of sugar cookie dough, such as Pillsbury Safe to Eat Raw varieties and other homemade sugar cookie dough recipes that are formulated to be safe to eat.