If you’re in the mood to cook something new, but don’t know exactly what you want to make, examining the available ingredients in your kitchen can sometimes spark a great idea. I regularly cook meals around what I have in my pantry or refrigerator, and have stumbled upon some delicious recipes by experimenting in this manner!
Do you have some flour and eggs in your kitchen that you’d like to combine with a few other ingredients to make a delicious meal? Well, you’re in luck. Flour and eggs are used together to make many different recipes, so finding a way to put these ingredients to work for you should be simple!
Keep reading, and I’ll share 100 different ideas for a recipe using flour and eggs.
Table of Contents
- Flour and Egg Recipe Ideas
- Flour and Eggs Recipes
Flour and Egg Recipe Ideas
Below, you’ll find some excellent recipe ideas that use flour and eggs—including some of my personal favorites. I think these should help give you the inspiration you need to plan out a delicious meal, snack, or dessert.
Flour and Eggs Breakfast Recipes
What can I make with flour and eggs? There are plenty of breakfast recipe ideas using flour and eggs.
Here are some top ideas for breakfast recipes using flour and eggs:
- Chocolate chip pancakes
- Blueberry pancakes
- Waffles with fruit and whipped cream
- Chocolate banana crepes
- Crepes Suzette
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Ruhrei Mennonite Scrambled Eggs
- Banana bread
- Strawberry bread
- Lemon poppy seed muffins
- Lemon raspberry loaf
- Zucchini bread
- Apple loaf
- English scones
- Blueberry scones
- Chocolate chip scones
- Chocolate croissants
- Ham and swiss quiche
- Quiche lorraine
- Quiche florentine
- Apple crumb cake
- Baked omelet roll
- Cinnamon raisin bread
- Orange rolls
- Homemade Pop Tarts
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Dutch babies
- Cinnamon coffee cake
- Blueberry muffins
- Baked Alaska
Recipe Spotlight: Blueberry Muffins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar + 4 teaspoons for topping muffins
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ – ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Grease muffin pan or use cupcake liners.
- Add the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Cream the butter and sugar using a hand mixer at a medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Add in each egg, one at a time. Use the hand mixer to beat well after adding each egg. Add in the vanilla extract and beat the mixture again.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat well after each addition.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the muffin wells/cupcake liners. Sprinkle the additional sugar over the muffins.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven. The muffins will be finished when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Flour and Eggs Lunch and Dinner Recipes
A flour egg recipe doesn’t stop with breakfast.
Below are a few lunch or dinner dishes that you could prepare using these two key ingredients.
Here are some top ideas for lunch and dinner recipes using flour and eggs:
- Homemade pasta
- Breaded veal parmesan
- Breaded chicken parmesan
- Oven-baked zucchini fries
- Chicken florentine crepes
- Ham and gruyere crepes
- Steak, spinach, and mushroom crepes
- Chicken fried steak
- Beef and cheese empanadas
- Chicken empanadas
- Pork and apple empanada
- Pork scaloppine
- Chicken pot pie
- Turkey pot pie
- Italian breaded pork chops
- Breaded shrimp
- Baked garlic parmesan chicken
- Oven-baked fried chicken
Recipe Spotlight: Oven Baked Fried Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cup flour
For the Egg Wash
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
For the Breading
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (plain or Italian style)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Cover a baking dish with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- Trim fat off chicken as needed.
- Prepare 3 shallow dishes. Fill one with the flour, one with the eggs and milk mixed together, and one with the breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour. Then, dip it in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Then, move the chicken to the breadcrumbs mixture to coat it thoroughly.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Then, flip it over and continue baking for approximately 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
Flour and Eggs Side Dishes and Appetizers Recipes
You can also make amazing side dishes and appetizers using flour and eggs.
Here’s a list of appetizers and side dishes that I like to prepare for my family or when guests are coming over:
- Carrot soufflé
- Yorkshire pudding
- Sweet potato casserole
- Potato pancakes
- Potato dumplings
- Chorizo and roasted corn gougere
- Cheese soufflé
- Sweet potato soufflé
- Hush puppies
- Hush puppies with jalapeño peppers
- Cheddar biscuits
Recipe Spotlight: Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, finely grated
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Spread parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the softened butter, milk, and egg together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon. The batter should be chunky; do not overmix.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the biscuits on to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While the biscuits bake, melt the butter and mix in the parsley and a little additional garlic powder, if desired.
- Brush the butter mixture over each biscuit, and then place them back into the oven to continue baking for about 3 to 5 more minutes, or until golden brown.
Flour and Eggs Dessert Recipes
When you’re wondering what to make with flour and eggs, think about desserts. Many dessert recipes incorporate flour and eggs, helping you make some tasty treats to enjoy and/or share with others.
Here are a few of my favorite dessert recipes using flour and eggs:
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Chocolate cake
- Red velvet cake
- Thumbprint cookies
- Oatmeal raisin cookies
- Snickerdoodle cookies
- Carrot cake
- Pound cake
- Apple cake
- Cherry pie
- Apple pie
- Pumpkin pie
- Vanilla cupcakes
- Salted caramel cupcakes
- Gingerbread cookies
- M & M cookie bars
- Almond biscotti
- Cranberry pistachio biscotti
- Cream puffs
- Strawberry rhubarb pie
- Lemon blueberry tart
- Lemon soufflé
- Whoopie pies
- Cinnamon sugar popovers
- Ginger snaps
- Peanut butter molasses cookies
- Raspberry almond cookies
- White chocolate cranberry cookies
- Pinwheel cookies
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Apple and dulce de leche empanadas
- Double chocolate chip cookies
Recipe Spotlight: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix again with the hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small scoop or teaspoon to drop the cookies onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for about 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet. Then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before storing them.
Flour and Eggs Recipes
As you can see, the recipe ideas incorporating flour and eggs are practically endless. From a scrumptious and rich chocolate cake to a sweet carrot souffle or a stack of delicious pancakes, flour and eggs are essential ingredients for a variety of recipes.
I hope that you’ve found some inspiration reading through my recipe ideas.
Which of the recipes with flour and eggs do you think you want to try first?
What happens if you mix eggs and flour?
Adding eggs to a recipe with flour can help ensure that the baked goods rise properly
Can you mix flour with eggs?
Yes, you can mix flour with eggs, depending on the type of recipe you are trying to make. Consult the recipe directions to determine whether all the ingredients should be mixed together, and in what order.
What do eggs and flour do in baking?
Eggs are an important ingredient in the recipe for many baked goods. They add flavor to the recipe, add structure to help incorporate the different ingredients, enhance the color, and more. Adding the right ratio of eggs and flour helps ensure that baked goods have the appropriate texture and taste. These two ingredients are also essential for ensuring baked goods rise to the ideal height.
What can I make using flour?
There are a wide array of recipes that can be made using different types of flour, including pancakes, waffles, cakes, cookies, breaded meats, and more.