Peanut butter cookie dough is ridiculously easy to make and you only need a handful of ingredients to get started.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup heat treated all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (can be creamy, crunchy, or natural)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (can substitute with milk or plant-based options)
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, optional (or chocolate chips)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread your all-purpose flour in an even layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Place your flour in the preheated oven and bake for about 7-10 minutes, taking care not to burn.
- Once cooked, allow the flour to cool.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together your granulated and white sugar along with the butter and peanut butter. Use a hand mixer to mix until it is nice and smooth.
- To this, sift in your heat treated flour, along with your salt and vanilla extract.
- Add in your 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk, adjusting as needed depending on the consistency of the cookie dough.
- Once combined, gently fold in your peanut butter chips or chocolate chips (if using).
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoons to portion balls of cookie dough that are about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Roll each ball between your two hands before placing on a lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough balls until firm.
- Eat the cookie dough balls chilled or place them in an airtight container of freezer bags to be placed in the freezer.
- You can chill peanut butter cookie dough before eating it, but you don’t have to. The chilling helps the dough to solidify.
- If your edible cookie dough takes on a crumbly appearance, this often is easily remedied by an additional splash of milk or heavy cream. You can even add water if you’re in a pinch. Just be careful not to add too much liquid,
Keywords: peanut butter cookie dough