If you haven’t had Mike’s Farm mac and cheese before, you likely don’t know what you’re missing. It’s ooey, gooey, and delicious! Needless to say, we had to find you a recipe for it. So, what is Mike’s Farm mac and cheese and why is it so good? Keep reading to find out. We’re getting into the details now!
Mikes Farm Baked Mac and Cheese
Mike’s Farm is a family-owned farm and family restaurant in Beulaville, North Carolina. This place has quickly captured the hearts of the locals but has also gained attention from tourists and visitors abroad. their mac and cheese, in particular, has become a crowd favorite and many are seeking to replicate it.
So can you? You sure can!
Classic Mikes Farm Mac and Cheese Recipe
Ready to learn how to make Mike’s Farm macaroni? The secret’s out!
Follow these steps to recreate this creamy and delicious mac and cheese recipe.
Mikes Farm Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- 8 oz of Macaroni
- 1 cup of Duke’s Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder (optional–provides garlicky flavor)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Shredded cheese (your choice of cheese)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
How to Make Mike’s Farm Mac and Cheese
- Prepare your macaroni noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
- In a separate pot, melt your butter sticks. Add your all-purpose flour to the melted butter and allow it to cook for 2 minutes. If you notice the sauce cooking too quickly, be sure to add a couple of splashes of milk to prevent further clumping from happening.
- Whisk the rest of the milk into the roux until it becomes thick and uniform. Add your salt, pepper, dry mustard, and optional garlic powder to the mix. Continue stirring for an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Add your mayo and cheddar cheese and cook an additional 5-6 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Turn off the heat and pour the cheese sauce into a baking dish. Then, add your macaroni noodles. Stir to combine.
- Finish by sprinkling your choice of shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the assembled macaroni dish.
- Place the mac and cheese into the oven 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to rest at least 15 minutes before digging in. Enjoy!
Mike’s Farm Mac and Cheese: The Secret’s Out!
Mike’s Farm mac and cheese continues to be a tourist attraction in Beulaville, North Carolina. Nevertheless, by using only a few ingredients, you can recreate this rock-star of an entree from the comfort of your own home. We hope you give our recipe a try! See you next time!
What’s in Mike’s Farm mac and cheese?
While Mike’s Farm macaroni hasn’t released the actual ingredients for their macaroni and cheese, we can assume by the sheer decadence of the dish that there is plenty of butter, cheese, and mayonnaise involved. Scrumptious!