If you’re wondering how to make sea moss gummies, you’ve come to the right place. Sea moss gummies are sweet and delicious, and surprisingly–they are also very nutritious! By sneaking sea moss into your diet, you can potentially take advantage of loads of health benefits, not to mention the other ingredients you can add to recipes to make them even healthier. So, how exactly do you go about making sea moss gummies? Glad you asked! Join me for several sea moss gummies recipes along with all the information you ever wanted to know about these fun and nutritious snacks.
Table of Contents
- What Are Sea Moss Gummies?
- What Are Sea Moss Gummies Good For?
- Sea Moss Gummies Benefits
- How Many Sea Moss Gummies Do You Take a Day?
- Sea Moss Gummies for Weight Loss
- How Is Sea Moss Gummies Made?
- Sea Moss Gummies Recipe
- How To Make Sea Moss Gummies With Jello
- Sea Moss and Elderberry Gummies
- Do Sea Moss Gummies Have To Be Refrigerated?
- How To Make Sea Moss Gummies From Scratch: It’s Easy!
What Are Sea Moss Gummies?
Sea moss gummies are gummy bears made with, you guessed it, sea moss! You can make them with homemade or purchased sea moss gel and only need a few supplies to get you started.
Know that there are many ways to make sea moss gummies, most of which I’ve have detailed below. Homemade sea moss gummies can take on a variety of flavors and can include a variety of ingredients. This is great as it allows you to customize your gummy mixture to your preference.
You can opt to make organic sea moss gummies (using all organic materials) or amp up the flavor (and nutrition) by adding elderberry.
Whichever you choose, just be sure to have gummy molds on hand; otherwise, you won’t be able to make these healthy fun snacks at all!
What Are Sea Moss Gummies Good For?
Sea moss gummies are good for snacking, but that isn’t the only thing.
Sea moss is known to provide awesome benefits to health, much of which include giving your body a boost of vitamins and minerals all in one tasty little treat.
What Is Sea Moss Gummies Used For?
We’ll get more into the benefits of sea moss gummies for your body, but for now, know that sea moss gummies are a great way to sneak some nutritious sea moss gel into your diet. Sea moss gel is touted as being extremely healthy for your skin and body. Because of this, many people seek ways to include sea moss gel in their everyday diet.
One of the easiest ways to use up sea moss gel is by adding it to food. This is where the gummies come in. After you either make your sea moss gel (or purchase it) you can use it to make your own sea moss gummies recipe at home! Then, whenever you get a craving for something sweet, you can happily nosh away at these and know that you’re truly doing something amazing for your body.
What Does Sea Moss Gummies Do for Your Body?
Remember that sea moss contains dozens of health benefits. For this reason, consuming sea moss gummies will give you a nutritional boost that you won’t receive from eating “normal” sugar-laden gummies.
Know that your typical gummy bear will be chock-full of sugar and additives that can make you obese and unhealthy over time. Replace those with sea moss gummies, and you won’t feel so guilty for satisfying your sugar cravings!
Sea Moss Gummies Benefits
There are many benefits that come with consuming sea moss.
The following are a few of the most common advantages linked to eating sea moss gummies:
- good for your heart
- can help you lose weight
- great source of iodine
- contains micronutrients that are vital to human health
- may boost your immunity
How Many Sea Moss Gummies Do You Take a Day?
It’s up to you!
If you are purchasing premade sea moss gummies solely for the vitamins and minerals within them, then you should follow the dosage on the label. Some “nutritious” gummies are marketed to provide a certain amount of nutrients. Sometimes, manufacturers will only recommend two a day.
If you are making your sea moss gummies from home, however, you likely can eat as many as you want.
As of now, there aren’t any known side effects from eating a lot of sea moss. At least, not yet!
Note: Remember that sea moss does contain iodine. Getting too much iodine in the diet has been linked to an enlarged thyroid. Thus, while sea moss gummies are safe, it’s always best to consume them only in moderation.
Sea Moss Gummies for Weight Loss
Because sea moss often contains carrageenan, it is known for aiding in weight loss. This is because carrageenan is often responsible for making you feel full leading to a lesser intake of calories.
Because of this, it is plausible to assume, that Irish sea moss gummy candy could indeed help you lose weight. Still, you’ll want to take into account other factors, such as diet and exercise when determining what is the best technique for shedding pounds.
How Is Sea Moss Gummies Made?
Sea moss recipes for gummies are made using a variety of ingredients. Most recipes use agar agar powder which is a vegan-friendly substitute for gelatin. Like gelatin, it is responsible for thickening your sea moss gummies mixture, but you have to be careful not to overcook it. In addition, a sea moss gummies recipe will require that you use sea moss gel, so be sure to have this on hand, along with gummy molds, before you get started.
Sea Moss Gummies Recipe
Lucky for you, we’ve compiled several sea moss gummies recipes for you to try. Of these include vegan recipes, elderberry recipes, and also recipes made from elderberry.
So, go ahead and settle in. We’re getting started with our top sea moss recipes for gummies right now!
How To Make Sea Moss Gummies From Sea Moss Gel
- 1 cup fresh apple juice (do not use concentrated apple juice this)
- 2 tablespoon agar agar powder (do not use the flakes)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon coriander (optional)
- 3 tablespoon sea moss gel
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup (may also be replaced with agave nectar)
- To begin, pour apple juice into a pan. Do not turn on the heat.
- Mix together the agar agar powder, ginger, and the cinnamon. Whisk until everything is evenly incorporated.
- From there, stir in your sea moss gel and the agave nectar.
- Place your stove on low-medium. Start to whisk the mixture until the mixture comes to a gentle simmer. Do not boil the mixture. If you notice lumps in the gel don’t worry. this will usually dissipate as you continue to whisk.
- Once the mixture has turned thick 9(but not too thick) it will be time to transfer the gummies to the mold. remember that allowing the mixture to become too thick will limit your gummies’ ability to set properly.
- Use a small spoon or dropper to transfer the mixture into your gummy molds. Work carefully but quickly. The gummies will thicken as they sit.
- Place the mold in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for at least an hour. Once the gummies are firm, you can push the mold forward to release each candy.
- Keep the gummies refrigerator in an airtight container or jar. Enjoy for up to 5 days.
How To Make Sea Moss Gummies With Jello
the previous recipe was for making sea moss gummies with agar agar powder. But you can also make them using gelatin.
Try the following recipe to make sea moss gummies with gelatin.
How To Make Sea Moss Gummies With Gelatin
- 1 cup of fruit punch (use 100% juice–can use other flavors as well)
- 3 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons sea moss gel
- 6 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons of Sorbitol
- ½ of a teaspoon of citric acid
- Begin by spraying your gummy molds with a nonstick spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine the juice and corn syrup. Stir until the juice and corn syrup are incorporated and the corn syrup is fully dissolved.
- Add the other ingredients to the pot and whisk until blended.
- Allow the pot to sit 10 minutes. Do not turn on the heat!
- After 10 minutes, turn the stove on low heat. Heat the mixture for 5-10 minutes stirring as you go.
- Using an eye dropper or very small spoon, transfer the mixture into the prepared molds.
- Let these set in your refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight for the best results.
- Push your mold forward to release the gummy candies.
- Store in your fridge and consume within 5 days. Enjoy!
Sea Moss and Elderberry Gummies
- 1 cup Elderberry infused sea moss gel
- 1 tbsp bladderwrack (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Agar-Agar
- 1/2 cup plain alkaline water
- Take 6 ounces of sea moss gel. Add to it your bladderwrack (if using), honey, cinnamon, and lime juice. Place the mixture into a blender and blend until fully incorporated. Set the mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, combine your alkaline water and agar agar powder. Place the mixture over medium-high heat. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes. The mixture should get no hotter than a low boil.
- While simmering, add your sea moss gel. Continue the low boil for about 1-2 more minutes.
- Continue to stir to make sure the sea moss and agar agar powder are fully combined. Then, remove the mixture from the heat.
- Use your liquid dropper or small spoon to transfer the gummy mixture to the molds. Transfer the molds to the fridge where they will let for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the gummies from the mold and keep them at the best quality for about a week. Gummies may be held up to 2-3 weeks but be sure to check for signs of spoilage before consuming.
Note: If your mixture has become too thick and is not workable, try adding more liquid. Once you do, you’ll need to heat it over medium heat again until it is fully incorporated. Start by adding no more than a 1/2 cup of liquid. If you add too much, add a little agar agar powder (such as 1 tsp) and bring to a low boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, and then proceed with the recipe.
Do Sea Moss Gummies Have To Be Refrigerated?
In many cases, sea moss gummies do need to be refrigerated. This is especially true if your sea moss gummies are homemade.
Having said that, there are many sea moss gummies on the market that do not require refrigeration.
To know for sure, be sure to check the label or the online description.
How To Make Sea Moss Gummies From Scratch: It’s Easy!
Now that you have several sea moss gummy recipes, it should be easy to create your own at home. Remember that sea moss can have loads of benefits for your health, and eating them in gummy form is just plain fun.
Note that most recipes you find online will be vegan sea moss gummies but there are a few that use gelatin as well, as you’ve seen here.
Which recipe will try? Until next time!
You can check out sea moss drink recipes here, by the way!
Most of the time, sea moss is converted into an edible gel. From there, you can search out a sea moss gummy recipe like those mentioned here or you can throw the gel into smoothies or other foods for easier consumption.
Try adding your sea moss gel to a smoothie or try eating it straight. Either way, most people eat 1-2 tablespoons a day to maximize its health benefits.
Many people consume sea moss gel but sea moss is available in supplement form as well. The choice is totally up to you, though the body may digest natural gel, especially when taken with food, much better.