Have you ever wondered how to make cookie bars from cookie dough? If so, you’re in the right place. Today, I’m giving you the details on how to whip up easy and delicious cookie bars using only dough, a square pan, and a few other optional ingredients.
Table of Contents
- Can You Make Cookie Cars From Regular Cookie Dough?
- How to Make Cookie Bars From Cookie Dough: It’s Easy!
- How to Make Cookie Bars From Cookie Dough FAQs
Easy Cookie Bars From Cookie Dough Recipe
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dessert
- 16–16.5 ounces of sugar cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- Vanilla frosting
- Sanding sugar (or whatever other toppings you desire!)
- Square pan (8 or 9-inch)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin by greasing your square pan with butter or oil.
- From here, break apart your cookie dough and place it directly into your pan.
- Use your fingers to gently press the dough into the pan, making sure that the dough is evenly pressed before moving on. If the dough is very sticky, adding a little water or flour to your fingers will help.
- Bake the cookie dough for at least 26 minutes or until cooked through (it may take up to 30 minutes or more).
- Allow the cookie dough to cool completely, usually up to one hour, before icing the baked cookie dough and topping it with sanding sugar.
- Slice the iced baked cookie dough into rectangles, preferably 4×4 rows.
- Dish up onto small plates and serve with a glass of ice cold milk. Yum!
Keywords: cookie dough bars
Can You Make Cookie Cars From Regular Cookie Dough?
Yes, absolutely. Cookie dough is incredibly versatile, and most people fail to realize how creative you can get with it. To make easy cookie bars, you only need a square pan and cookie dough. The type of cookie dough you’ll need doesn’t matter, but in the recipe below, we’ll be using sugar cookie dough.
If you’d prefer to make chocolate chip cookie bars, you totally can. Simply replace the sugar cookie dough in this recipe with white chocolate chip cookie dough. That’s it!
Bear in mind that the cookie dough you use can be either store-bought or homemade. Just make sure you have enough of it, at least 16 ounces, to achieve the perfect baking results.
How to Make Cookie Bars From Cookie Dough: It’s Easy!
As you can see, making cookie bar recipes is ridiculously easy. All you need to make easy cookie bars is cookie dough, a square baking pan, and all the toppings you desire. From there, simply bake the cookies, ice them up, and eat them. So simple!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. Try it at home and see what you think!
Until next time!
How to Make Cookie Bars From Cookie Dough FAQs
How long do cookie bars last in the fridge?
Plan to keep baked cookie bars in the fridge for about 2 weeks before they go bad. Alternatively, you can freeze the cookie bars for 2-3 months at best quality.
Can you keep cookie bars at room temperature?
Yes, you can. Cookie bars can be kept at room temperature for at least 5-7 days, but you’ll need to wrap them in plastic wrap to ensure their quality. Beyond that point, be sure to place your cookie bars in the fridge.
Do I really need a square pan for cookie bars?
It’s best to use a square pan as the high sides will produce the type of cookie shape you need for cookie bars. Alternatively, you could use an 8-inch or 9-inch cake pan. Just be sure to slice the cookies into triangular slices rather than rectangular bars when making this substitution.