Sausage is a key ingredient in a classic morning breakfast. It can be cooked in multiple ways, even with a microwave! Knowing how to cook different types of sausage correctly can be tricky. In this article we show you how to cook sausage in the microwave and explain different methods for each type of sausage.
Table of Contents
- Can You Cook Raw Sausage In The Microwave?
- Can You Warm Up A Sausage In The Microwave?
- How To Cook Sausage Links In The Microwave
- How To Cook Sausage Patties In The Microwave
- Microwaving Sausage Can Be Easy and Quick!
Can You Cook Raw Sausage In The Microwave?
Can you cook raw sausage links in the microwave? Yes! It’s very easy to cook and heat raw sausages in a microwave oven.
Cooking raw sausage straight from the packet is safe and can be consumed. The sausage skin casing will peel away from the sausage if you do cook them in a microwave oven as the microwave cooks from the inside out.
How long does it take to cook sausage in a microwave? Depending on the method you choose and if you cut the sausage into smaller sections or in half, cooking a sausage in the microwave can take less than 5 minutes.
How do you cook raw breakfast sausage in the microwave? Here is a simple step by step method on how to cook raw breakfast sausage in the microwave:
You will need:
- Raw breakfast sausages
- Microwave oven
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paper towel or microwave-safe lid
- Step 1: If the sausages are linked, use either the knife or scissors to cut the links apart.
- Step 2: Use the knife to prick or create small holes on the outside of the raw breakfast sausage before you place them in the microwave.
- Step 3: Place all the sausages onto a microwave-safe plate, making sure to keep all the sausages separate and not touching one another.
- Step 4: Cover the sausages on the microwave-safe plate with a microwave-safe lid. This will prevent spray from the sausages while they are cooking in the microwave oven. If you do not have a microwave-safe lid, you can use paper towels.
- Step 5: Microwave the raw breakfast sausages on a high heat for two minutes. After two minutes, turn the sausages oven and microwave for another two minutes.
- Step 6: After the four minutes, the raw breakfast sausages will be cooked but may have peeling skins. It is best to remove these peeling skins before serving. The sausages should now look a light brown color rather than a light pink color.
Can You Warm Up A Sausage In The Microwave?
There are plenty of different types of sausages that can all be cooked and heated in a microwave oven. Here are some simple methods on how to cook every type of sausage in a microwave:
- Can you cook smoked sausage in the microwave?
- Yes! Cut the smoked sausage into smaller pieces and microwave on a microwave-safe plate on a high heat for 5 minutes. Make sure to turn the smoked sausage at the halfway point to make sure they are evenly heated.
- Can you cook Italian sausage in the microwave?
- Yes, but Italian sausages may take longer to heat than breakfast sausages. Place the italian sausages on a high heat for 8 minutes. Check to make sure the sausage is no longer pink but a light brown shade.
- Can you microwave vegan sausages?
- Often you have to heat up vegan and vegetarian sausages from frozen. You can use a microwave to cook vegan sausages. Microwave the vegan sausages for 6 minutes, making sure to turn halfway through so they are heated evenly. Use a paper towel to soak up the water if they are frozen.
- How to cook Chinese sausage in microwave
- Make sure to pierce the outside of the Chinese sausage before cooking in a microwave otherwise the chinese sausage will explode due to pressure. To avoid drying out the sausage add water before cooking in the microwave. Microwave the chinese sausages on a high heat for three minutes.
- How to cook Vienna sausage in microwave
- Vienna sausages are super quick and easy to heat in the microwave. Place the Vienna sausages on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for two minutes.
- How to cook boudin sausage in microwave
- Use a paper towel when cooking boudin sausage in a microwave to avoid excessive splatter. Place the boudin sausages into the microwave on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 6 minutes, making sure to turn at the halfway point.
- How long to cook kielbasa sausage in microwave
- When cooking kielbasa sausages in the microwave it’s best to cut the kielbasa sausage into smaller pieces. Add water to the kielbasa sausages and cook for three minutes on a high heat.
How To Cook Sausage Links In The Microwave
Breakfast sausage links will take longer to cook as they are thicker in width. If you are wanting to minimise your cooking time then you can cut the breakfast sausage links in half.
Here is a simple step by step method on how to cook breakfast sausage links in a microwave:
- Step 1: Cut the breakfast sausage links in half or in small pieces before playing onto a microwave-safe plate.
- Step 2: Microwave the breakfast sausage links pieces on a high heat for 30 seconds.
- Step 3: Flip the breakfast sausage links pieces so that the other side shows and microwave on a high heat for another 30 seconds.
How To Cook Sausage Patties In The Microwave
Microwaving sausage patties can be the fastest method when heating up the sausage patty to the right temperature to consume. As the sausage patty is thin in width, it is easier to cook in the microwave than normal breakfast sausages.
Here is a simple step by step method on how to cook sausage patty in a microwave:
You will need:
- Microwave oven
- Paper towels
- Sausage patties
- Step 1: Using the paper towel, wrap the sausage patties so that the paper towel covers the whole of the sausage patty. The paper towel will work to soak up moisture or water, especially if the frozen patties are frozen.
- Step 2: Place the sausage patties on a microwave-safe plate and heat on a high setting for 3 minutes.
Why stop at sausages? How about Microwaving your entire breakfast – here’s a video from “For Us Foodies” another one of my favourite YouTube channels!
Microwaving Sausage Can Be Easy and Quick!
Microwaving sausage can be easy, quick and can work for every time of sausage. Using a microwave you can get your sausage heated up in less than 8 minutes!
How do you microwave sausage?
Why do sausages explode in microwave?
If the sausages you wish to microwave have casing around them then they may explode in the microwave due to pressure building up. Most sausages links or breakfast sausages do not have this casing. Therefore they are a safer option of sausage to cook in the microwave. If you want to avoid your sausages exploding in the microwave make sure to pierce the casing before cooking. This will relieve the pressure and help the sausages splatter less.
How do you cook sausages quickly?
To cook sausages quickly the best method is to use a non-stick frying pan or skillet over a medium heat. Cut the sausages in half and add them to the pan when the pan becomes hot. The sausages will need 10 minutes to cook through. Moving the sausages around in the pan will help them cook evenly.
How do you cook fully cooked sausage in the microwave?
Reheating sausage in a microwave is easy. Using a paper towel will help with the splatter. Microwave on a high heat for 50 seconds.
Can you warm up a sausage in the microwave?
Yes, a microwave oven is a great tool to help you to warm up sausage to the correct temperature to consume. Not only is the microwave a quick option but cooking breakfast sausages in the microwave also causes less fat from sausage splatters and less clean up time.