Ramen noodles is one of the most popular meals to make. It can be a very quick to make meal too! Even quicker if you use a microwave oven. Despite some beliefs, using a microwave oven is a great way to cook your ramen. This method is used by many across the world. In this article we will explain how to cook ramen in the microwave oven, with detailed but simple step by step methods.
Table of Contents
- Can You Make Packaged Ramen Noodles In The Microwave?
- How To Make Ramen In The Microwave With Egg
- Best Microwave Ramen
- Cooking Ramen Noodles Can Save You Time
Can You Make Packaged Ramen Noodles In The Microwave?
Yes, yes, yes! You can cook packaged ramen noodles in the microwave and achieve wonderful results – almost as good as cooking on a stove!
How long does it take to microwave ramen in a bowl? Less time than you think!
If you make sure to add the correct amount of water and make sure to stir throughout, then you can cook your ramen noodles in less than five minutes.
How do you microwave 2 packs of ramen? Here is a simple step by step method on how to cook 2 packets of ramen noodles in the microwave:
- Step 1: Place two cups of plain water into your microwave-safe bowl.
- Step 2: Microwave the water on a high heat for two minutes to make sure the water is very hot. Alternatively you can boil the water prior to adding to the microwave safe bowl.
- Step 3: Once the water is hot, place the ramen noodles into the microwave safe bowl.
- Step 4: Microwave the ramen noodles on a high heat for five minutes in total. Make sure to stir the noodles at the halfway point.
- Step 5:Add the ramen noodle flavoring into the bowl of ramen noodles after the cooking time and make sure to spend some time evenly distributing the seasoning. Once the seasoning is evenly distributed then the ramen noodles are ready to eat.
Here are some useful tips and tricks to know when cooking your ramen noodles in the microwave oven. These tips can help you get the perfect noodle texture:
- Tip 1: Always add two minutes onto the cooking time of your ramen noodle packet. This will give the noodles enough time to soak up all the water and become the perfect texture.
- Tip 2: Pour the extra water that is left over out of the bowl so that the ramen noodles do not become soggy.
- Tip 3: When practicing your ramen noodle recipes, you will be holding a very hot microwave safe bowl and water. Make sure to use oven gloves when moving the microwave safe and allow the food to sit to cool slightly before consuming.
How To Make Ramen In The Microwave With Egg
Eggs are a great added ingredient to ramen to make the overall dish a lot tastier!
Eggs are also super quick to cook with ramen and won’t slow your overall cooking time down when cooking ramen in the microwave oven.
Here is a simple step by step recipe to use an egg in your ramen dish recipe using a microwave oven.
You will need:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 packet of ramen
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 pinch of vegetable stock or garlic powder
- 1 fork or spoon
How to make:
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of water and place it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2: Once the water is boiled, place the ramen noodles, along with the seasoning into the bowl. Add either a pinch of vegetable stock or garlic powder to the ramen noodles to add extra flavouring. Microwave the ramen noodles on a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Step 3: When the noodles have softened, using your spoon or fork, create a hole in the middle. In this hole. Crack a whole egg into this small whole or whisk prior and add the mixture.
- Step 4: Add any extra ingredients you wish to at this point such as vegetables or meat.
- Step 5: Microwave for 5 minutes to allow the eggs to cook. Remove once the egg white is cooked and the noodles still look soft.
Can you crack an egg in microwave ramen? Yes! It’s a pretty easy recipe and can provide super tasty results. Here is a simple recipe to crack an egg in your ramen recipe using a microwave:
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of ramen noodles
- 1 cup of plain water
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- 1 microwave safe lid
- 1 fork or spoon
How to make:
- Step 1: Crack the egg into a separate bowl and add the ramen noodles.
- Step 2: Once the egg and noodles are combined, add the plain water and seasoning packet to the bowl.
- Step 3: Microwave the ingredients on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Check if the egg is cooked by making sure the egg white is fully cooked and fully white but the yolk is still runny. If this is not the case, but the mixture back into the microwave oven for another 2 minutes and remove when this is the case. Once the egg is ready the ramen noodles will be ready to eat.
Best Microwave Ramen
Knowing how to microwave ramen to perfection is a skill! We believe that the best way to cook ramen noodles in the microwave is without water. By this – we mean leave no water behind! If you use excessive amounts of water when cooking your ramen noodles in the microwave, they can end up soggy.
Here is a simple step by step method on how to cook ramen noodles in the microwave:
- Step 1: Open your chosen packet of ramen and place them into a microwave-safe bowl with a microwave-safe lid.
- Step 2: Follow your ramen noodle packet to see how much water you will need. We recommend using half the amount of water to your noodles.
- Step 3: Microwave the ramen noodles on a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove the ramen noodles from the microwave after the 2 minutes and make sure to stir thoroughly with a fork or spoon. If the noodles appear soft and transparent this is a great sign that your noodles do not need any more water.
- Step 5: If there is still water at the bottom of the microwave-safe bowl, then pour the remaining liquid down the sink.
- Step 6: Add the seasoning packet to the ramen noodles and mix evenly around the ramen noodles with a spoon or fork. One the seasoning has been mixed the noodles are ready to consume.
We advise that you do not microwave your ramen noodles without any water as the noodles can then result in burnt, dry and very bitter taste. Depending on what ramen noodles you use, cooking them without water may make them inedible.
If video is your thing, Melanie’s got you covered. That is, Melanie from Melanie Cooks – another awesome find of a YouTube channel for a whole range of easy recipes – very beginner friendly!
Cooking Ramen Noodles Can Save You Time
Cooking ramen noodles in the microwave can be easy! It also will not affect the taste of your noodles massively, as long as you mix your seasoning evenly throughout your ramen noodles.
If you choose to microwave your ramen noodles you can have them ready within less than five minutes! If you choose to cook an egg alongside your noodles, it can amp up the tastiness of your ramen dish but will not amp up your cooking time.
Overall, the microwave is a great way to cook your ramen noodles and will be massively worth the investment.
How do you cook your ramen noodles? How long do you keep your ramen noodles in the microwave?
Is It Bad To Cook Ramen In The Microwave?
Ramen noodles will cook perfectly fine if cooked in a microwave oven rather than on the stove. Always make sure that you cook your ramen in the microwave with a microwave-safe bowl. If you use a plastic bowl it may leak toxins into the food, therefore spoiling the goodness of the ramen.
How Many Minutes Does It Take To Cook Ramen In The Microwave?
Microwaving your ramen can be the quickest way of cooking and beats a stove. Ramen noodles will cook well in a microwave oven if left in for five minutes. Stirring the noodles halfway through cooking them in the microwave can help you prevent the noodles from overcooking in the microwave. Cooking the ramen noodles for over five minute in a microwave will give you mushy noodles.
Is Ramen Better On The Stove?
Cooking ramen dishes on a stove is a more traditional way of cooking ramen. The boiling water moves around more in the pan which can help distribute the flavoring evening around all the ramen noodles. Therefore cooking ramen noodles on a stove can generally provide tastier results.