Hot Cookie Dough Recipe
Looking for a hot cookie dough recipe for two (or three or four)? Making hot cookie dough is easy to recreate at home.
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 1 big cookie 1x
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cast iron pan/skillet
- Wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- Two mixing bowls
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is heating, cream together your butter, granulated sugar, and packed light brown sugar. Mix until well incorporated, and the mixture looks fluffy and light in color.
- Once mixed, add in your egg and vanilla extract. Stir to mix.
- Sift your flour into a separate bowl. Add to it your salt and baking powder.
- Pour your dry flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be very careful not to overmix.
- Lastly, take your chocolate chips and gently fold them in using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Butter or oil a cast iron skillet (preferably one that is 8 inches) for easy release of the hot cookie dough.
- Press your cookie dough into the skillet, leaving about 75% of the pan full from the bottom up.
- Place your skillet cookie in the oven and bake for about 32 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The resulting cookie dough will have a soft center.
- Allow your hot cookie dough to cool slightly, and then cut into portions.
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream or freshly whipped cream along with a few extra chocolate chips.
- You can freeze this hot cookie dough to warm it for later. The cookie dough keeps in the freezer for up to 3 months at best quality.
Keywords: skillet cookie dough Pizza Hut copycat