Looking for an amazing healthy cookie dough dip? Who isn’t? Edible cookie dough is a deliciously decadent snack, but it is also loaded with carbs, fat, sugar, and calories, all of which can spell trouble. The solution? In this post, I’ll detail the healthy ingredients you can use to whip up an extraordinarily tasty recipe that you can easily store in the fridge. Ready to learn all about how to get this off? If so, stay tuned!
Table of Contents
- What’s in Healthy Cookie Dough Dip?
- What to Dip in Healthy Cookie Dough
- What’s Wrong With Regular Cookie Dough Dip?
- Healthy Cookie Dough Dip Storage
- Is Healthy Cookie Dough Gluten Free?
- Healthy Cookie Dough Dip: The Perfect Sweet Treat
Healthy Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
I’ve detailed the ingredients and process for quickly whipping up healthy cookie dough here. Let’s get to it!
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make this healthy cookie dough dip, use a mixing bowl to combine your 2 cups of yogurt with your peanut butter. Stir with a spoon until smooth.
- To this, add your maple syrup (can substitute with honey or other liquid sweetener of choice), vanilla extract, and optional cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Lastly, fold in your chocolate chips, and any other mix-ins you’ve chosen.
- Transfer the finished healthy cookie dough dip into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- It is recommended that you wait until the dip is fully chilled before serving it, but you may serve the dip at room temperature if you desire. Enjoy!
- Mini chocolate chips can be substituted with white chocolate (such as in my white chocolate chip cookie dough recipe), chopped dark chocolate, peanut butter morsels, or a combination of these
- For brownie batter flavored healthy cookie dough dip, consider adding 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder along with a handful of walnuts (optional)
- Category: dessert
Keywords: healthy yogurt cookie dough dip
What’s in Healthy Cookie Dough Dip?
Healthy cookie dough dip is a sweet recipe loaded with fun and healthy ingredients that makes a perfect date night healthy snack or yummy treat for your next party. If your family loves cookie dough, you’ll feel better about offering up this dip in its stead, mostly due the nutritional profile and ingredients used in the recipe.
So, what exactly goes in healthy cookie dough dip? A variety of things!
Unlike other edible cookie dough recipes, this dip has a different consistency and doesn’t require the need for almond milk, almond flour, baking powder, canned chickpeas, or even a food processor. Instead, you only need a handful of ingredients (six to be exact) to pull off this amazing treat.
Plan on using the following ingredients:
- Normal-sized or mini chocolate chips (to imitate chocolate chip flavor)
- Yogurt (use Greek for an extra boost in protein)
- Peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, or any nut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup (or honey)
- Ground cinnamon
What to Dip in Healthy Cookie Dough
Healthy cookie dough isn’t complete without something delicious to dip in it! There are countless ways you can enjoy your healthy cookie dough, but the following are some of my favorite dippables. Try them out and let me know what you think!
- Apples (apple slices)
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Celery and carrots
What’s Wrong With Regular Cookie Dough Dip?
Understand that I am in no way shunning the use of regular cookie dough. In fact, I’d encourage you to try eating edible cookie dough at some point in your life, if you haven’t already! Try my dairy free edible cookie dough, for a start.
Still, if you know anything about the ingredients in cookie dough, then you likely already know the qualms with eating it everyday.
To start, edible cookie dough can be high in calories, trans fat, saturated fat, carbs, and of course, sugar. These ingredients may sound like the ultimate way to make a delicious dip taste great, but in the long run, eating cookie dough on a regular basis may cause your health to decline over time.
The other issue with consuming cookie dough? If you aren’t careful to make your cookie dough edible, you could potentially make yourself and others sick.
This is because normal cookie dough contains raw eggs as well as raw flour. These two ingredients can cause you to get food poisoning. Because of this, you must make cookie dough dip a particular way to skip the drama related to eating it from the bowl.
It is for this reason that I strongly recommend using a recipe like mine so you can eat your healthy dessert feeling happy and totally guilt free.
Healthy Cookie Dough Dip Storage
Once you’ve made your delicious cookie dough dip, you’ll need to store it. To do so, place the remaining dip in an airtight container. Place it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Discard at signs of spoilage.
Alternatively, you can freeze this healthy snack. Believe it or not, yogurt freezes remarkably well! Thus, you can expect to freeze cookie dough dip for up to 2-3 months at best quality.
When you’re ready to thaw the dough dip, simply place it in the refrigerator overnight. For quicker thawing, place on the counter, but not for longer than 2 hours. If you leave your healthy cookie dough dip out for too long, you may have to pitch it! Thus, it’s often best to simply thaw it in the fridge to prevent spoilage from happening.
Is Healthy Cookie Dough Gluten Free?
Yes, my healthy cookie dough dip is gluten free. This is because I don’t use flour in the recipe, but instead, rely on the thickness of peanut butter to give it its texture.
This isn’t to say that all healthy cookie dough recipes you run across will be gluten free. As always, carefully check the ingredients before proceeding if gluten is a dietary concern for you.
Healthy Cookie Dough Dip: The Perfect Sweet Treat
Healthy cookie dough is the perfect answer for when you want to eat raw cookie dough but don’t want the risks that come with it. With these lightened up ingredients, you can whip up a fun and tasty treat for family and friends that everyone will love! Remember that this cookie dough doesn’t require you to bake it, and it tastes just as delicious as your average edible cookie dough…just a bit lighter!
I hope you enjoy it. Until next time!
Is cookie dough healthy?
Cookie dough isn’t normally healthy. Cookie dough has loads of butter and sugar in it which can spell trouble when it comes to weight gain and health risks. In addition, eating cookie dough that hasn’t been curated for edibility means you’ll consume raw flour and raw eggs, both of which are major no-nos.
How can I make cookie dough healthier?
Edible cookie dough can be made healthier by choosing lighter ingredients that serve the same purpose but have better effects on your health. Options might include using vegan butter instead of plain, coconut sugar instead of regular, almond milk instead of traditional milk, and more.
Is healthy cookie dough dip gluten free?
Yes, my healthy cookie dough dip is gluten free.
Can you use cookie dough as a dip?
You shouldn’t use traditional cookie dough as a dip. The raw eggs and flour in the mixture are unsuitable for consumption as both contain bacteria unless properly cooked. Edible cookie dough, on the other hand, can make a fabulous dip, albeit quite unhealthy.