Everyone loves baking or at least has an opinion on it. Whether you are a beginner, an expert, or a baking god, you will probably want some nice quotes about baking to keep in mind or share where you see fit. Quotes are always nice to remember no matter what the subject is. A lot of quotes can be about more philosophical ideas, whereas others can choose to be humorous. Quotes do not have a distinct purpose and that is something that a lot of people like about them – they are versatile and can be used when needed without needing to have a deeper meaning. Although, a lot of them do tend to have deeper meanings.
Table of Contents
- Philosophical And Inspirational Baking Quotes
- Funny Baking Quotes
- Quotes About The Love For Baking
- Cute Baking Quotes
- Are Baking Quotes Good?
Philosophical And Inspirational Baking Quotes
For a lot of these baking quotes that are both inspiration and philosophical, they envoke free thinking and will have a different meaning depending on how you interpret the initial quote. However, for some of the quotes I will talk about them and what I like about them.
“Baking is both an art and a science” – Sherry Yard
While there is not an obvious and profound deeper meaning in this quote, it is factually very true. There is little difference between something as simple as baking and the complexities found in a subject like chemistry. Both matters work by taking measured and precise amounts of an ingredient and making it endure controlled conditions.
In chemistry, you can end up with a different element altogether, and in baking you can end up with cookies.
“Baking is how you start kids at cooking in the kitchen” – Sandra Lee
This quote really shows the importance of baking. Everything we do will have some effect on the younger generation – the planets future. As kids grow up, they are going to need some core skills to be developed if they are hoping to be independent. One of these core skills is cooking, without being able to cook everything will be either difficult or expensive when they live alone. Baking with your kids while they are young is the perfect gateway to introduce them to the world of cooking. It is a progressional step that will evolve from a love for baking into a love for cooking.
The two hobbies are not very different, yet they are both incredibly important to learn.
“You know, little one, baking and love are the same – a question of freshness, and that all the ingredients, even the most bitter, turn out delicious” – Chritian Bobin
This is a brilliant quote as it applies to multiple aspects of life at once. Just because it has been hidden away as a baking metaphor, it can be applied to all sides of life – not just baking cookies or baking bread.
For instance, it is compared to love very heavily in this quote. It shows that everything will turn out well in the long run, even if there is bitterness in their.
When applied to relationships, it can be very encouraging and can show people that just because they have had an argument, the love is still there and it is worth pursuing.
“God gives us the ingredients for our daily bread, but he expects us to do the baking” – Chip Ingram
This is another amazing quote that is about so much more than just baking. It shows that you cannot just have everything handed to you at once. Regardless of your religious opinions and stances, this quote can be viewed as an encouraging message to everyone that they will be helped along the way but it is up to them to put in the effort and make things happen.
Our family and friends will provide us with support and help but it is us, individually, that must act before we can experience the changes we desire.
“If baking is any labor at all, it’s a labor of love. A love that gets passed down from generation to generation” – Regina Brett
Baking is a really old profession and can be traced back hundreds of years. It is passed down from generation to generation, just as the quote suggests. This quote has a nostalgic side as it makes us think of our parents or grandparents who baked with us when we were younger.
Sure, baking can sometimes be messy and take a while before you get to reap the rewards. Yet, the people we love who have bared this burden and committed to the labor have taught us that baking is a good thing and they have passed their love for it down to us.
“The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight” – M. F. K. Fisher
Anyone that enjoys baking bread can definitely vouch for how nice it smells when it is freshly baked. Just as it comes out of the warm oven, it illuminates the room with such a fresh and wonderful smell. This is comparable to the innocence and delight of lightly flowing water. Everyone knows how relaxing water can be when it is gently trickling down a stream and good bread baking is no different.
Both of these aspects are equally calming and innocent, they provide a sense of peace that not many things can.
“Baking is too precise for me. I cook with a pinch of this or that” – Eva Longoria
At a first glance, this quote might seem like it is about a lazy baker who does not have time for measuring ingredients. However, at a closer inspection you can apply it to many things in life. Not everyone can follow things by the book (like putting more butter in cake), and they shouldn’t have to. If you are not able to be as precise as you normally should be, that is fine.
Everything will work out even if you take a different approach to it. It is about getting to the destination, getting where you’re going, it does not matter how you get there.
“He considered himself to be a thoroughly useless man, taking up space in a world to which he contributed nothing but he did have a talent for baking… The gas oven might blow up in his face, at last bringing him peace, but if it didn’t, he would at least have cookies for Agnes.” – Dean. R.
This quote is a lot less thought-provoking and a lot more morbid and deep. While it is clearly about a troubled man who has negative thoughts, it also shows a beautiful side that cares for a woman called Agnes. Just because he is unhappy does not stop him from trying to ligthen someone else’s world. He throws caution to the wind and has no regard for himself, yet if things don’t work out in his favor at least his actions have provided happiness for someone else.
It is a beautiful macabre quote that shows everyone the importance of love and a kind heart. Even if you are in a dark place yourself, you can still bring so much light to someone else without it costing anything.
“A bad day spent baking is better than a good day doing anything else” – Unknown
This quote is all about catharsism and handling bad emotions. No matter what is happening in your life and why you are having a bad day, baking is the sort of peaceful and relaxing hobby that can help you forget about everything else for the time being and focus solely on your baking.
Whether you are having a bad day or not does not impact baking at all, it is a time for quiet reflection and finding peace and serenity from a task that you enjoy.
Funny Baking Quotes
Funny baking quotes are very different to baking puns or jokes, they have no hilarious punchline yet they are oddly charming and charismatic in a lighthearted and funny way. The quotes can be taken at face value and have the sole purpose of putting a smile on your face.
- “You are the boss of that dough.” – Julia Child
- “I have a giant baking book, so I close my eyes and pick a random page. Whatever it is, I try to bake it!” – Nina Dobrev
- “The thing with children is they’re a bit like baking a fruitcake: you throw all the ingredients in but you never know how they’re going to turn out.” – Len Goodman
- “Baking is like washing – the results are equally temporary.” – Patricia Briggs”
- “Me writing about tennis is like a baker baking bread” – Ion Tiriac
- “So we baked and sweated together. I like punching the dough. I told myself it was the moon and punched it senseless.” – Susan Beth Pfeffer
- “I’ve heard it said that when you die you enter a room of bright light, and that you can smell bread baking just around the corner.” – Rick Bass
- “Baking makes me focus. On weighing the sugar. On sieving the flour. I find it calming and rewarding because, in fairness, it is sort of magic – you start off with all this disparate stuff, such as butter and eggs, and what you end up with is so totally different. and also delicious.” – Marian Keyes
Quotes About The Love For Baking
A lot of people love baking. Not just everyday people, but celebrities and famous icons. Knowing they like baking just as much as everyone else can be oddly encouraging and inspirational. It just shows that no matter what sort of life someone can lead – baking is what connects us all.
- “You don’t have to love cooking to cook, but you have to do more than love baking to bake. You have to bake out of love.” – Tom Junod
- “Baking may be regarded as a science, but it’s the chemistry between the ingredients and the cook that gives desserts life. Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile.” – Anna Olson
- “This was why she enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she’d created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and she was sharing with them her magic.” – Marissa Meyer
- “I love being at home cooking and baking.” – Blake Lively
- “I love being in the moment. I love my family. I love chocolate. I love baking.” – Debbi Fields.
Cute Baking Quotes
Cute baking quotes are not necessarily cute, but they are wholesome and oddly relatable. They are something that we can all read and reflect over with a gentle smile on our faces and a sense of calmness about us.
- “I did work in a bakery for one day. But the boss went off and when he came back I was lying on the floor eating cakes.” – Noel Fielding
- “To be loved. To be desired. Like the raspberry pastries in the bakery window.” – Camilla Grebe
- “The secret to having an epically beloved bakery is consistency.” – Christina Tosi
- “I saw a bakery truck go by with the name ‘Rocco’ on it, and that’s when I decided to become Alex Rocco.” – Alex Rocco.
- “If I was a criminal, stationary stores and bakeries would be the two kinds of places I would concentrate on.” – John Turturro
- “Why ask for your daily bread when you own the bakery?” – Randy Alcorn
Are Baking Quotes Good?
All in all, your love for baking quotes is going to depend on what sort of person you are and what you like. If you are into deep philosophical quotes that can be applied to everyday life while seemingly being centered on a single topic, then you will find many baking quotes you will like. However, if you are just looking for some lovely quotes to recite or write down that are related to baking then you will be equally as pleased.