If you’re wondering how to make frozen cookie dough in air fryer, I’ve got the post for you. In today’s write up, I’ll be breaking down how to make the most deliciously luscious, light, and crispy cookies in air fryer. In fact, you may end up preferring this method over using an oven! Interested? Stay tuned. Let’s dive into this decadent topic right now!
Table of Contents
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
- Can You Cook Frozen Cookie Dough in Air Fryer?
- How To Cook Refrigerated Cookie Dough in the Air Fryer
- How Long Do You Cook Frozen Cookie Dough in the Air Fryer?
- Frozen Cookie Dough in Air Fryer: Just as Easy as It Is Delicious!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
You didn’t think I’d keep from you this super good air fryer cookie dough recipe, did you? Come on, now. You know better!Print
Although you could totally use store-bought frozen premade cookie dough the same way you’d use homemade, it can sometimes be more fun (and better tasting) to whip up your own batch from home. The upcoming recipe will detail not only how to make air fry cookies but also how to freeze cookie dough to be used later in your air fryer. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted then cooled
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chopped dark chocolate (you can opt to use your choice of chocolate chips instead)
- Air fryer
- Begin by preheating your air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your melted butter along with your granulated and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- To this mixture, add vanilla extract along with your salt. Stir.
- Sift your flour over top of your wet ingredients along with your baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in your chopped dark chocolate.
- At this point, you can feel free to bake your cookie dough in the air fryer or oven. But since I’ve tailored this post to talk about how to air fry frozen cookie dough, I’ll go on to tell you how to freeze and bake this cookie dough from frozen.
Keywords: air fryer cookie dough
Freezing your air fryer recipe cookie dough
To freeze your own cookie dough, start by sectioning the cookie dough into cookie dough balls. Though this step is optional, but pre-portioning your premade cookie dough is often the less stressful when it comes time to bake.
- To make the dough into balls, simply take 1-2 tablespoons of the dough mixture and roll it between your two hands.
- Place the evenly sized dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Once the dough balls are frozen firm, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag for later use.
If you’d rather not pre-portion your dough ahead of time, simply place the cookie dough into an airtight container or freezer bag as is.
Making your cookie dough in the air fryer
Now comes the fun part! If you’ve chosen to pre-portion your dough, congrats! All you need to do now is remove the amount of frozen cookie dough balls according to the number of air fryer servings for cookies and set them aside.
- Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To the bottom for your air fryer basket, add your foil.
- Place your cookie dough balls in the air fryer. Make sure to not place them too close together as they may spread into one another.
- Air fry your cookies for 8 minutes. At the 8 minute mark, check the cookies to ensure they aren’t burning and that they are indeed spreading. If they aren’t spreading, use a fork or the back of a spoon to gently press the cookies down before returning to the air fryer.
- Place your cookies in the air fryer basket atop the foil I mentioned earlier and air fry your cookies for about 9-12 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
Note: The cookies should be ready between the 9-12 minute mark. Be sure to watch your cookies carefully, however, as every air fryer works differently. Much like ovens, some air fryers run hotter or colder than others. Take into account your own air fryer when tackling this recipe.
Air Fried Cookies Tips & Tricks
Want to make sure your air fried cookies come out perfect? Try the following tips and tricks:
- If you find that your frozen cookie dough isn’t spreading well, try allowing the dough balls to thaw for about 10 minutes before following the aforementioned directions.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to your cookie dough before freezing for an unexpected twist.
- If you choose to freeze your entire batch of cookie dough without portioning it first, you’ll need to thaw the whole lump of dough. To do this, place the frozen cookie dough in the refrigerator until fully thawed. Once pliable, portion your dough and place in the air fryer at the same temperature. Watch for your cookies to be done at around the 8-9 minute mark.
Can You Cook Frozen Cookie Dough in Air Fryer?
Yes. It is totally easy to make frozen cookie dough air fryer recipes. And the best part is that you don’t need a specific recipe to do it!
Simply using store-bought or homemade cookie dough in your air fryer basket is the perfect way to cook frozen cookies.
What’s more is that you won’t have to thaw the cookie dough balls in order for this technique to work (although, in some cases, the cookies may turn out a bit better). All you need to do is take your frozen dough from freezer and place it directly into your air fryer. It’s that easy!
How To Cook Refrigerated Cookie Dough in the Air Fryer
- The first step to bake frozen cookie dough in air fryer is to gather your equipment. Thankfully, when baking cookies using this method you won’t need much. All you really need is a bit of foil and, of course, your air fryer basket.
- Use the foil to line the air fryer basket. You could also use parchment paper or place the cookie dough directly in the air fryer basket, but these methods aren’t always recommended. Instead, using foil has been shown to work best.
- Once you’ve lined your air fryer basket, go ahead and grab your dough. You can use virtually any kind of cookie dough that requires baking here. Choose from making air fryer chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookie dough. The world is your oyster! Just be sure that you use a dough that is actually bakeable … edible cookie or dough or no bake frozen cookies shouldn’t be used in an air fryer.
- Next, you’ll want to preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Some quibble about whether or not this step is actually necessary, and indeed, you’ll yield different results if you don’t. We recommend you go ahead and preheat the air fryer, but feel free to experiment to see if neglecting to preheat produces better results for you.
- Slice your cookie dough or place your cookie dough balls on the foil in your air fryer basket.
- Bake your air fryer frozen cookies until golden brown around the edges. Relish the flavor!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Cookie Dough in the Air Fryer?
Now that you know how to cook frozen cookies in air fryer, you may be wondering how long to cook air fry cookie dough. Air frying cookie dough usually takes about 9-12 minutes, but it really depends on how thick they are.
If you’re slicing a cookie dough loaf into rounds, how thinly you slice them will determine how long they’ll need to bake. The same is true of place and bake cookies. Start checking your cookies at about the 9 minutes mark and remove your air fryer cookies from the oven once they appear golden brown.
Frozen Cookie Dough in Air Fryer: Just as Easy as It Is Delicious!
Making cookies in air fryer might seem strange, but actually, it tastes rather awesome. Air fried cookies yield a gooey, light, and crispy-edged cookie that melts in your mouth deliciously. The best part is that they are simple and easy to make. Simply throw your frozen cookie dough in air fryer on foil and air fry for about 9-12 minutes. That’s it!
Wondering if you can use a waffle maker for cookie dough? I’ve got that on the blog for you, too.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this run down on how to use your air fryer to bake up yummy cookies. See you next time!
How to make frozen cookie dough in the air fryer?
To make frozen cookie dough in the air fryer, simply place a bit of foil at the bottom of your fryer basket. Place your cookie dough in the air fryer with enough room for spread. Air fry the cookies for 9-11 minutes at 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you air fry frozen cookie dough?
Yes, you can air fry frozen cookie dough. However, the dough may sometimes have difficulty flattening. If you experience the cookie dough staying “taller” than you would have hoped, try bumping up the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit the next time you make them. Alternatively, you can allow the dough to thaw for 10 minutes before following the same steps for air frying as described.
How long to cook frozen cookies in air fryer?
You’ll want to cook your frozen cookie dough for about 9-12 minutes. How long you’ll actually need to cook them, however, will depend on the thickness of the cookie.
Can I put cookie dough in air fryer?
Yes, you can. In fact, it’s an amazing way to cook up really great-tasting and awesome-textured cookies!
Can you cook Pillsbury cookies in air fryer?
Yes, you can. Follow the steps above for making frozen Pillsbury cookie dough in the air fryer. If you’re air frying the cookie dough from room temperature, be sure to check the dough at about the 6-7 minute mark to ensure they aren’t burning.
Remove cookies when they are lightly golden brown at the edges.
Can you bake cookies in an air fryer?
“Baking” cookies in the air fryer is a fantastic way to make cookies. Some people even prefer air frying cookies over baking them. The results are that good!
Can you cook Pillsbury frozen cookie dough in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use Pillsbury cookie dough in the air fryer from frozen. Follow the instructions above to cook frozen Pillsbury cookie dough this way.
Can I eat frozen cookie dough?
Only eat frozen cookie dough if it is labeled as edible. Pillsbury cookie dough often comes in “safe to eat raw” varieties. In this case, if you freeze this particular dough, it will be okay to eat from frozen.
However, if you are freezing homemade cookie dough, you won’t want to eat it without baking it first. Otherwise, you can look for a recipe on how to make edible cookie dough bites if you are looking for something that is safe to eat raw made from homemade ingredients.