Cookie dough mug cake recipes are easy to make! With just a microwavable mug and a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a decadent treat perfect for busy nights when your sweet tooth is raging. So, what are the steps involved in making these? I’ve got three of our favorite easy mug cake recipes lined up for you.
Table of Contents
Cookie Dough in a Mug Recipe
These mug cakes are perfect for when you want quick mug desserts that don’t require you to pull out all of your baking equipment. The best part? Each recipe cooks in only 1-2 minutes, thanks to the microwave.Print
Microwave Mug Cookie Dough Recipe
- Cook Time: 1 min 30 secs
- Total Time: 1 minutes
- Yield: 1 mug cake 1x
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heat-treated self-rising flour
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts (optional)
- Combine your softened butter with the sugar in a microwavable mug. Mix until it appears pale and uniform.
- Add in your vanilla extract and mix.
- From there, add your egg and stir until incorporated.
- Sift in your flour. Continue stirring.
- Once mixed, carefully fold in your chocolate chips.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute.
- If the mixture doesn’t appear to be fully cooked through, microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Allow to cool before digging in.
Keywords: cookie dough mug cake
Cookie Dough Mug Cake No Egg
Want a chocolate chip mug cookie but trying to avoid eggs? No problem!
The following recipe variant yields similar results to the one above, but this time, there’s no egg involved. Dig in!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons heat-treated all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate, divided
- In a microwave safe mug, add your salted butter along with your brown and granulated sugar.
- To this mixture, add your vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and add to the mug. Mix.
- Carefully, fold in 2 tablespoons of your chopped dark chocolate. Top your fully mixed dough with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped chocolate,
- Microwave cookie in a mug for one minute and allow it to cool for one minute.
Cookie Dough Cake Mug Recipe (Healthier!)
Chocolate chip cookie dough is awesome. But sometimes, you just need something a little healthier.
Check out this cookie dough mug cake with no butter recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth without adding too much width to your waistline!
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons oat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Add your oil and sugar to a microwavable mug along with the vanilla extract.
- To this, add salt, water, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add your oat flour and ground flax. Do not over mix.
- Fold in your mini chocolate chips.
- Press the top down with a spoon. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Check for doneness. If you need to, microwave for an additional 15-20 seconds or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool at least one minute before eating.
A Note on Eating Raw Cookie Dough
Before attempting any of these recipes, it is important that you heat-treat your flour beforehand. Though you are technically microwaving the flour in each recipe, it may not be enough time to kill all the bacteria.
To heat-treat your flour, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread your flour thinly on a baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes. Allow the flour to cool before continuing.
If using a microwave, use your microwave mug to microwave the flour at 30-second intervals until the flour hits 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Microwavable Cookie Dough Mug Cake: What Could Be Better?
As you can see, there are many microwavable mug recipes out there to suit your needs and tastes. From traditional chocolate chip cookie dough recipes to healthy mug cookie recipes, I’ve rounded up my three favorites and have presented them to you here.
Just be sure to heat-treat your flour before stirring it into your cookie dough, as this will ensure all bacteria is killed prior to nuking your decadent treat.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these easy mug cake cookie dough recipes. See you next time!
Can I put cookie dough in the microwave?
You can! But it may not turn out as you hoped. Try any of the recipes above for a quick and awesome mug cookie or try a microwavable homemade cookie recipe instead!
Should I heat treat flour for a microwavable cookie dough recipe?
Whether or not you need to heat-treat flour for a microwave mug cake recipe will depend on how long you microwave your cookie dough mug cake.
If you are baking the mug recipe for 2 minutes or more, you may not need to heat treat your flour. But for recipes requiring only 1 minute or less of microwave time, you may be better off heat-treating your flour before using it.
Can I substitute oat flour for all purpose flour in mug recipes?
You can sometimes, but be careful. This may sometimes result in a taste and texture very different from the original recipe.
I have a baked oatmeal cookie dough recipe on my blog if you’re interested!