Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
It is time to discover how to make edible chocolate chip cookie dough bites.
Doing so involves two steps: making the edible cookie dough bites and making the chocolate coating to go on them.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- 1 1/4 cup heat-treated flour (see instructions below)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup hardening dark chocolate or milk chocolate (for melting)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Heat treat your flour. Before you do anything, it is important that you do this step first. Doing so kills the bacteria on the flour so that you do not get sick.
- To heat treat your flour, spread your flour evenly on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
- Allow the flour to cool completely before using it in your cookie dough recipe.
- Combine your powdered, brown, and white sugars in a bowl. Add to this your flour and cornstarch. Mix until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, spatula, or hand -mixer, mix your butter and vanilla extract into your dry ingredients until it is fully incorporated (the dough will be crumbly. This is normal!)
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- From here, add a bit of milk until you reach the desired consistency. For me, this was around 1/4 cup of milk. Adjust this amount as needed.
- Using a tablespoon, begin to portion your dough and roll into balls. Place the rolled balls onto a prepared baking sheet to be chilled in the refrigerator.
- Chill the cookie dough balls for about 15 minutes.
How to Coat the Cookie Dough Bites in Chocolate
- As your dough chills in the refrigerator, follow the directions for your hardening chocolate to melt.
- Once melted, roll your cookie dough truffles into the melted chocolate, being sure to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- At this stage, you can also apply sprinkles or mini chocolate chips to the outside of the dough balls.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Enjoy your chocolate chip cookie dough bites in chocolate dipping sauce!
- If you find the dough balls too crumbly, you can either add a tad more milk or simply pack the dough together in your hands without rolling and place on the baking sheet. After the dough has been refrigerated, you may find it easier to roll into balls. You can also use a cookie scoop to scoop your cookie dough.
Keywords: chocolate covered cookie dough bites