Chocolate Waffle Maker Cookie Dough Recipe
You could make your own foolproof cookie dough recipe to use on your iron. Just mix these ingredients together and cook the dough in accordance with the directions given.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Category: dessert
- 2 sticks of salted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cream your butter with your brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- To this, add your vanilla extract, along with your salt and cinnamon. Give it a good stir.
- From here, add your cocoa powder, along with your flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold in your mini chocolate chips.
- Once the dough has formed, follow the directions above for placing your cookie dough in the waffle iron.
- Place your cookie dough in the freezer or refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes. If your cookie dough is already frozen or has been chilled, you can skip this step.
- As your cookies are chilling, begin warming up your waffle iron. Once your waffle maker is heated, go ahead and portion out the amount of dough that you will need.
- Place one ball at a time on each available plate on your waffle maker. If you have a single plate waffle maker you will make only one cookie at a time.
- Close your waffle maker and cook for about 1 minute before checking the dough. If the cookies look brown and crispy, go ahead and remove them. If they’re still sticky or gooey, continue cooking.
- Top the finished cookies with chocolate frosting or enjoy plain.
Keywords: waffle iron cookies