Starbucks is one of the most popular coffee houses across the world. The offer a variety of drinks, from hot coffees to cold beverages such as smoothies. We love their holiday-themed milkshakes and coffees.
Starbucks do a full range of drinks including coffee, tea, smoothies, cold brews and hot chocolates. All of these drinks can be altered per order. They can even be made caffeine-free. This is not the case with every Starbucks drink especially those that have already being pre-made. But knowing the caffeine free Starbucks drinks available lets you enjoy a Starbucks drink, even if you do not want to consume caffeine.
In this article we will explore which are the best caffeine free Starbucks drinks. This includes caffeine free hot coffees, cold brews, teas and sweet drinks!
Table of Contents
- What Drinks Are Caffeine Free At Starbucks
- What Drinks Are Caffeine Free At Starbucks
- What Are Some Caffeine Free Drinks At Starbucks
- What Are The Best Caffeine Free Hot Drinks To Get At Starbucks
- Caffeine Free Starbucks Drinks Iced
- Caffeine-Free Starbucks Frappuccino
- Starbucks Caffeine Free Drinks Non Coffee
- Starbucks Caffeine Free Handcraft Drinks
- Starbucks Holiday Drinks Caffeine Free
- Healthiest Drinks At Starbucks Caffeine Free
- Non Caffeinated Starbucks Drinks For Pregnant Women
- There Are Plenty Of Caffeine Free Options At Starbucks!
What Drinks Are Caffeine Free At Starbucks
If you are trying to avoid caffeine, then Starbucks is still the perfect place to go.
Starbucks has a full range of drinks that will not exclude you if you do not want caffeine in your drink. If you are craving a refreshing beverage but want to order something warm and filling, they have you covered with their extensive menu.
Starbucks classifies their drinks as either coffee drinks or non-coffee drinks. Yet, not all of their non-coffee drinks are completely caffeine-free. Therefore, you will need to look at what ingredients are being used in your drink.
For example, if you ask for decaf coffee, that does not mean your coffee is completely caffeine free. Decaf coffee can contain some caffeine in it.
If you prefer tea over coffee, that can be helpful when avoiding caffeine. But many teas, such as green tea, contain a very high amount of caffeine. All tea leaves naturally contain caffeine. Therefore if you are drinking either black tea or green tea you are still consuming caffeine. Fruit teas do not contain caffeine.
What Drinks Are Caffeine Free At Starbucks
Does Starbucks have caffeine free drinks? Yes, you can pretty much ask to make any drink caffeine free or at least caffeine reduced.
Here are our top picks on what to order if you want a caffeine free drink from Starbucks:
- Peach Tranquility: Peach tranquility is a drink that contains apple, candied pineapple, rosehips, peaches, chamomile and lemon verbena. The tea tastes more fruity than herbal and contains more real fruit than actual herbal ingredients. The tea has been described to taste tropical.
- Pistachio Crème Frappuccino: The Pistachio Crème Frap is a sweet flavored blend made from milk, ice, pistachio flavoring and whipped cream. These ingredients create a rich and salted overall flavor.
- Mint Majesty: Mint Majesty is a tea that contains spearmint, peppermint and lemon verbena. The most obvious flavor is of course mint but also lemon. This tea is free of caffeine but will make you feel fresh in the morning.
- Caffeine free altered drinks: You can ask for any drink on the menu to be made caffeine free by asking if the barista will make your beverage with decaf coffee grounds. This will not totally eliminate caffeine but will reduce the amount of caffeine you are drinking.
What Are Some Caffeine Free Drinks At Starbucks
Many people choose to order hot chocolate as they believe they are free from caffeine. Hot cocoa actually contains caffeine naturally. There is about 50 mg to 60 mg in two ounces of 70% dark chocolate.
If you order a Starbucks hot chocolate you will consume 20 mg of caffeine in a tall sized cup. There is 25 mg of caffeine in a grande sized cup. Lastly, there’s 30 mg of caffeine in a venti sized cup, which is the biggest cup they offer.
What Are The Best Caffeine Free Hot Drinks To Get At Starbucks
Best caffeine free drinks at starbucks? It is very hard to say, as it really depends on your personal taste.
If you prefer warmer and richer tasting drinks then steamed milk or a steamed apple juice may be your favorite. But if you prefer sweeter flavors then you may enjoy the fruit-based ones.
Here is a list of some good caffeine free drinks at Starbucks that you can try today:
- Steamed Milk
- Vanilla Crème
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Caramel Apple Spice
- Peach Tranquility (this tea can be made hot or cold)
- Mint Majesty (his tea can be made hot or cold)
Caffeine Free Starbucks Drinks Iced
Starbucks offers an extensive range of ice cold drinks that are caffeine free.
Here is a list of their iced caffeine-free drinks that you can try today:
- Iced Passion Tango Tea: This is an iced tea that is not made from brewed tea leaves.
- Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade: This iced team is also not made from brewed tea leaves.
- Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink: This iced drink also has added flavors of pineapple and ginger
- Lemonade: Simple and sweet, this lemonade is made from lemons, sugar and water.
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade: To upgrade the standard lemonade option, the strawberry flavoring adds a sweeter fruit taste.
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino: This is a sweet and fruity option for those who want a non-caffeinated cold beverage.
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino: This Frappuccino is made from a combination of caramel brûlée sauce which is blended with milk.
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage: This Frappuccino is made by blending ice, vanilla bean paste, cows milk, and homemade Frappuccino base syrup to make a sweet icy concoction.
- White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage: The White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino is a frozen drink. This icy cold sweet beverage uses ice, milk, crème Frappuccino syrup, white chocolate mocha sauce, and vanilla flavored whipped cream.
Starbucks Caffeine Free Cold Drinks
Starbucks have as big of a range of cold drinks as they do hot, if not more. Their cold drinks almost represent drinkable desserts and are hugely popular.
Here is a list of the most popular Starbucks cold caffeine free drinks that Starbucks can offer:
- Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink: The iced guava passionfruit drink is made up from guava flavored juice blend, coconut milk, and pineapple ginger syrup. Not only is it a favorite caffeine free Starbucks option but a great cold drink option for those who are lactose intolerant too.
- Lemonade: Simple but super, the Starbucks lemonade is a favorite! The Starbucks lemonade is made like any other lemonade using ingredients like water, lemon juice and sugar. The lemonade is sweet and tart at the same time.
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade: The blended strawberry lemonade is made from lemonade, crème Frappuccino syrup, and strawberry puree. It’s a caffeine free summer favorite.
Caffeine-Free Starbucks Frappuccino
Here is a full list of the best caffeine-free frappuccinos that Starbucks can offer:
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino: This drink is made with a caramel syrup that is blended with cows milk and ice. The drink is then topped with a layer of dark caramel sauce, whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
- Strawberry Crème Frappuccino: This summer favorite is made with ice, milk and strawberry puree. Cream is an optional add on.
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino: This frappuccino is made by blending ice, vanilla bean paste, cows milk, and homemade Frappuccino base syrup to make a sweet icy concoction.
- White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino: This popular drink is made in a blender using ice, milk, crème Frappuccino syrup and white chocolate mocha sauce.
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino: This is a seasonal drink offered in the spring to summer months. This beverage is made using funnel cake flavored syrup that is blended with milk and ice.
- Apple Crisp Crème Frappuccino: This is a seasonal drink offered in the winter months. This is another cold drink that has been described to taste like a fall fruit pie.
Starbucks Caffeine Free Drinks Non Coffee
There is a large range of caffeine free drinks that are made completely without coffee. Even though Starbucks is considered to be a coffee house they do a lot of drinks completely without coffee.
Here is the most popular and well loved drink that Starbucks offers that is not made with coffee:
- Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino: This is a sweet and fruity option for those who want a non-caffeinated cold beverage. The Strawberry Funnel Cake Crème Frappuccino has a thick texture as it is a mixture of some heavy ingredients. These ingredients include milk, funnel cake syrup, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. This beverage is very high on calories and very sweet in taste.
Starbucks Drinks Without Coffee Or Tea
If you are not a fan of your average coffee or tea then Starbucks can still cater to you. They do a full range of drinks that are made without coffee or tea. The drinks made without coffee or tea are some of the most popular drinks, especially amongst younger teens.
Here is a full list of the drinks that Starbucks can make without coffee or tea added to the beverage:
- Steamed Apple Juice: This drink is freshly steamed from 100% apple juice and not from concentrate.
- Caramel Apple Spice: This is a seasonal drink offered in the winter months.
- Hot Chocolate or White Chocolate: These hot chocolates are very sweet i flavor and are offered all year round.
- Vanilla Crème Steamer: The vanilla crème is completely caffeine free and is made from steamed milk, sweetened with vanilla syrup. It’s then frothed and topped with whipped cream.
- Herbal Tea Lemonade with Syrup: This lemonade is made with iced hibiscus tea to give a fruity flavor.
- Crème Frappuccinos: This beverage is a creamy mix of rich but sweet tasting dairy ingredients.
- Iced Guava Passionfruit: This drink is hand shaken and is a mix of guava juice blended with notes of passionfruit.
- Strawberry Smoothie: Starbucks offers a strawberry smoothie which is made with banana, strawberries and a protein powder blend.
Starbucks Caffeine Free Handcraft Drinks
A handcrafted drink that is made at Starbucks is any drink that is on the menu that is made behind the counter by the barista. All of the brewed coffees and teas are the exceptions to the handcrafted label.
Here is a list of the most popular caffeine-free handcrafted Starbucks drinks:
- White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino: The icy cold sweet drink uses ice, milk, crème Frappuccino syrup, white chocolate mocha sauce, and vanilla flavored whipped cream. You can change the drink recipe to use plant based milk instead if you are vegan or lactose intolerant. There is no caffeine in this drink so this is a safe choice.
- Caramel Brûlée Crème Frappuccino: This is made from a combination of caramel brûlée sauce which is blended with milk. It’s an ice cold drink that is topped with whipped cream and crunchy caramel. There is again no caffeine in this drink so this is a safe option.
Starbucks Holiday Drinks Caffeine Free
Starbuck brings a range of holiday drinks out through different times of the year to change up their menu. These holiday drinks are very popular around events such as Halloween and Christmas.
Here are the two most popular caffeine free holiday drinks that are available at Starbucks:
- Eggnog Crème Steamer: The Eggnog Crème Steamer is a winter special that is a popular favorite. This holiday special contains no caffeine as it is made with steamed eggnog.
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate: The Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is very similar to the Peppermint Mocha as it uses a peppermint flavored syrup and white chocolate mocha sauce. This is one of the rare hot chocolates that Starbucks offers that do not contain caffeine. Most hot chocolates that Starbucks offer contain around 25 milligrams of caffeine.
Healthiest Drinks At Starbucks Caffeine Free
Some of the healthier drinks to order at Starbucks have to be the drinks that include fruits or herbal elements. Fruits and herbs are very beneficial for the body as they contain antioxidant and vital vitamins and minerals that are body needs.
Here is a full list of the healthiest caffeine-free drinks that Starbucks can offer:
- Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea: The healthiest option of this drink is to ask for the unsweetened version. This will limit the sugar in the drink. You will not miss the added sugar as the drink is sweet enough as it is.
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher: Hibiscus is a powerful ingredient that can can help boost your immune system. It may help to prevent cell damage.
- Orange Mango Smoothie: Mango is a fruit that is a strong source of vitamin K that helps your blood clot effectively and helps prevent anemia.
- Classic Chai Tea Latte: Chai is a spicy tea that may help boost heart health and reduce blood sugar levels. Its health benefits are endless.
Non Caffeinated Starbucks Drinks For Pregnant Women
When you are pregnant you will want to lower your intake of caffeine as there is a safe limit of 200 milligrams of caffeine each day. If you are expecting and looking for a non caffeinated option at Starbucks, here are the best drinks to order:
- Vanilla Crème Steamer: This is the perfect beverage to got for if you are fancying something sweet but iced cold.
- Apple Cider: Apple cider has a lot of health benefits. It helps to cure indigestion which you may sometimes experience during pregnancy that may cause discomfort.
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino: This is a similar beverage to the Vanilla Crème Steamer but is a little less sweet and creamy.
- Hibiscus tea: If you are pregnant you should not drink raspberry tea. Doing so can possibly increase the chances of having a miscarriage in your first trimester. Hibiscus tea is a nice alternative that can produce the same calming effects.
Are Starbucks Cream Based Drinks Caffeine Free?
A lot of the crème Frappuccino range of drinks at Starbucks are in fact caffeine free. Many of the Frappuccinos do not include coffee and are a mix of sweet ingredients that are dessert-like. The crème Frappuccinos could be compared to more of an exaggerated milkshake than a coffee. An example of this is the Caramel Ribbon Crunch crème Frappuccino.
There Are Plenty Of Caffeine Free Options At Starbucks!
No matter what kind of drink you are after, you can get a caffeine free version of it at Starbucks. Many of Starbucks’ menus actually does not consist of caffeine. If you are really trying to avoid all traces of caffeine, we would recommend not asking for decaf as decaf coffee can still contain caffeine.
Here are more articles on Cooks Dream to check out: