Looking to cook up some boneless chicken thighs in air fryer? If so, this is your one-stop spot to learn everything you need to know about cooking up this tasty dish. From how long to cook boneless chicken thighs in air fryer to whether or not you can place frozen thighs in the air fryer, we’ve got all the information to make the juicy chicken you crave.
Table of Contents
- How Long Do You Cook Thighs in an Air Fryer?
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Temperature
- Making Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – Step-By-Step Instructions
- How Long Do You Cook Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer?
- Calories in Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Air Frying Boneless Chicken Thighs: A Very Easy Process!
How Long Do You Cook Thighs in an Air Fryer?
Assuming your chicken thighs are fresh and not frozen, you’ll want to cook them for about 15-18 minutes. However, this time can vary slightly because of the thickness of the meat, and also, how many boneless chicken thighs in air fryer you use.
How Long to Cook Boneless Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer?
If your boneless chicken thighs are thicker, plan to have them in the air fryer for a few extra minutes. To be sure they are done, grab a meat thermometer. Once the thermometer reaches 165 degrees F, your chicken is safe to eat. An alternative method is to slice the chicken down the middle. The juice in the flesh should run clear when meat is cooked through.
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Temperature
How long and at what temperature do you cook boneless chicken thighs in an air fryer?
Boneless chicken thighs in air fryer can be cooked at a temperature of around 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. This allows the boneless chicken thighs to cook through completely.
Of course, if you find that your boneless chicken thighs aren’t completely cooked through, you can place them back in the air fryer for an additional 5 minutes until they reach the proper internal temperature.
On a keto diet? Bookmark this keto air fryer chicken tenders recipe I found for later.
Making Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – Step-By-Step Instructions
To make marinated boneless chicken thighs in air fryer, try the following recipe.
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder or granules
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (vegetable or canola oil works too)
- Before getting started, be sure to rinse your chicken and pat it dry using a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix your smoked paprika, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper (optional), and olive oil together.
- Add this marinade to your chicken and rub it in thoroughly.
- If you can, place this chicken into the fridge to marinate for at least an hour or so. If you cannot, go ahead and prepare your air fryer.
- Place your boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer in a single layer. Be very careful not to overcrowd your pieces.
- Air fry your boneless chicken thighs for about 15-18 minutes at 400F.
- Remove the chicken and test the internal chicken to ensure it has reached 165F.
- Serve with a delicious side dish, like mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer?
If you plan to place frozen boneless chicken thighs in air fryer, be sure to add at least an additional 9 minutes to the normal cooking time. When cooking frozen chicken thighs in the air fryer, you’ll definitely need to use a meat thermometer to ensure you aren’t getting chicken that’s cooked on the outside but still frozen on the inside.
Thus, the total amount of time you’ll need to air fry frozen boneless chicken thighs in air fryer will be 20-25 minutes (or more).
Can I Put Frozen Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer?
You can absolutely put frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs in an air Fryer. Just be sure to deglaze them first before adding your seasonings and getting them cooked. To do so, simply run them under warm water until the icy glaze has mostly melted off. This will enable seasonings to stick to the meat better than if you wouldn’t have taken this step.
Calories in Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
You can expect four air-fried chicken thighs to run about 400 calories or less. However, the actual amount of calories will largely depend on the type of oil you use and how fatty your meat pieces are. Thus, take this only as a general estimate and not the rule.
If you are looking to cut calories even further, try selecting leaner chicken pieces or pair your boneless thighs with a healthy salad or fruit. Other great and healthy pairings include green beans, kale greens, baked potato, or steamed carrots.
Air Frying Boneless Chicken Thighs: A Very Easy Process!
Cooking boneless chicken thighs in air fryer is a very simple process. By adding a few seasonings and mixing with a bit of oil, you can have dinner ready in as little as 20 minutes or less. Remember that if you are fixing boneless chicken thighs that are frozen to deglaze them first and cook them for an additional 9 minutes before serving.
If you can, always test your chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked. We hope this helps!
How Long Does It Take to Cook Chicken in Air Fryer?
Boneless chicken thighs will take about 15-18 minutes or so. Other chicken pieces will vary in how long cook times are.
How Long Does It Take to Air Fry a Frozen Chicken Thigh?
Frozen chicken thighs often take between 20-25 minutes or more to fully cook through. Use a meat thermometer to know for sure.
Can I Put Breaded Boneless Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. Assuming that your breaded boneless chicken thighs aren’t frozen, you can expect your chicken thighs to cook up in roughly the same amount of time. To be on the safe side you can add an additional two minutes to the usual baking time depending on the thickness of the breading. This means you’ll want to cook your breaded boneless chicken thighs in air fryer for about 17-20 minutes instead of 15-18 minutes.