Baking puns are a lot like marmite, you either absolutely adore them, or they make you roll your eyes in disgust. While it is up to you how these jokes and one-liners are delivered, we are sure going to try to help you have some fresh material for your next comedy routine in the kitchen. Are you bready? Okay, maybe that was a bit too predictable. I should at least make these sorts of jokes when you yeast expect it.
Table of Contents
- Quick and Simple Baking Puns
- What do baseball and baking a cake have in common? It’s all about the batter.
- What does Mike Tyson have in common with Walter White? A methy kitchen.
- What do you call it when someone illegally bakes bread? Baking Bad.
- What ingredient is the most important when baking a star wars cake? Bicarbonate of Yoda.
- Baking A Perfect Chocolate Cake
- Are Baking Jokes Worth Using?
Quick and Simple Baking Puns
Whether you’re baking cookies or baking pastries, there is nothing better than annoying your sous chef by telling them annoyingly funny baking jokes. Another way to deliver these cake-baking puns is to say them when you catch your mother baking.
Quick and simple baking jokes are typically all about wordplay where you use something baking related instead of a more suitable word. It can be easy to mess with common phrases and sayings and replace words in them that sound similar to baking words. Short baking puns such as these can be great for using as a quick and easy caption for social media when you want to show off your favorite creations!
The simplest yet funniest short baking jokes are;
- Don’t go baking my heart
- Let’s get baked
- If you are serious about baking, you need to learn to take some whisk
- Bake me up before you dough dough
- Life is what you bake it
- I’m just waiting for you to bake my day
- Bready or not, here I come!
- Baking can be soda-pressing at times
- I knead you to pass me the salt
- Baking is really my dough-main
- No whisk, No reward
While these are not as easy to slip into a conversation as the puns, they are still quite entertaining to say to people. Similar to knock-knock jokes, these jokes are mostly about asking a rhetorical question and then giving a hilariously dumb and unpredictable baking answer.
- Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis
- In life, you’ve gotta go with the dough
- Ryes and shine
- Have a loafly day
- I loaf you
- The Pillsbury Doughboy didn’t do very well in the baking competition. He just couldn’t rise to the occasion.
While I am sure you can perfectly understand the humor in a lot of these jokes, I am going to explain them just to make sure you can nail the delivery.
A lot of people say that once you explain a joke – it is no longer funny. However, I believe that if you explain a joke it allows people to understand it and join in on the joke. It also helps with your delivery as you cannot properly deliver a joke without understanding it.
What do baseball and baking a cake have in common? It’s all about the batter.
This joke is all about the batter. By this, it refers to both the batter needed for making a cake and also the batter position on a baseball team. The batter is the main player of the baseball team when they are on their offensive term.
This shows that they are crucial to the game, just as the batter is crucial for making a cake.
What does Mike Tyson have in common with Walter White? A methy kitchen.
This joke pokes fun at the lisp that the famous boxer Mike Tyson has. It makes it so he pronounces his S’s as a ‘th’ sound. So, with this lisp in mind – Mike Tyson would pronounce the word ‘messy’ as ‘methy’ instead. The other half of the joke is about the show Breaking Bad, where the main character called Walter White starts to cook a drug that is known as meth. The main joke is that both Mike Tyson and Walter White have a methy kitchen. Mike’s kitchen is messy but he has a lisp and Walter’s kitchen is covered in meth.
This joke is really dependent on the audience as it is rather a niche. If you see your mom baking cakes, this joke might not land how you want it to. This joke is definitely better suited to a more casual audience.
What do you call it when someone illegally bakes bread? Baking Bad.
This is another joke about the show Breaking Bad. In the show, the main character Walter White turns to a life of crime after being diagnosed with cancer, in order to pay for his treatment.
The pun here is that baking and breaking both sounds very similar, and it is poking fun at the thought of illegally baking bread. It is a simple play on words.
What ingredient is the most important when baking a star wars cake? Bicarbonate of Yoda.
We have all heard of Star Wars, that much is guaranteed. If you have heard of Star Wars, there is a high chance you are also aware of the character known as Yoda. He is small, green, and talks in riddles.
This joke is a simple use of word manipulation and Star Wars general knowledge. Baking soda is an ingredient that is essential to baking cakes, and the name Yoda sounds a lot like soda. Therefore, if you are baking Star Wars-themed cakes, you will need some baking Yoda or bicarbonate of Yoda. This can be done for any recipe that needs baking soda and is not limited to just cakes. If you are baking pastries that are Star Wars-themed, baking cookies that are Star Wars-themed, or just anything you would find in a baking aisle that is Star Wars-themed.
This joke is versatile as it can be used for every single baked good that uses baking soda. If you are using a cake mix, this might be slightly harder to pull off as the ingredients are already combined. Baking soda can also be called baking powder or bicarbonate of soda, it has many different names but all the same uses.
Baking A Perfect Chocolate Cake
If you are going to use any of these hilarious baking jokes that you have learned, you will need a good situation to use them. These jokes cannot just be fired away whenever you see fit, you need to wait for the opportune time to make sure they are as effective as possible.
I have a super secret baking recipe for you, but it is on a knead-to-know basis. Okay, that was a joke obviously. I am gonna share a simple recipe for baking a chocolate cake so that you have a great opportunity to make use of all these baking jokes.
As for ingredients, you are going to want some pretty generic ingredients that you would use for a lot of oven baking. This is going to be a chocolate cake, yet feel free to change the recipe as you see fit if you want to add different flavors.
The ingredients you need are:
- 8 oz plain flour
- 12 ½ oz caster sugar
- 3 oz cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 free-range eggs
- 9 fl oz milk
- 4 ½ fl oz vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9fl oz boiling water
These are your main ingredients for the cake itself. You are going to need more ingredients for the cake’s icing if you choose to add them to the cake. This cake will be moist and delicious without it but, who can say no to icing?
Try not to use too much flour when you are weighing out the ingredients. This can be very hard to correct. Also, you must use plain flour. If you try to use self-raising flour, it will not work.
The ingredients for the icing are;
- 7 oz plain milk chocolate
- 7 fl oz double cream
While all of the ingredients may seem quite easy to get a hold of, there are a few things extra you are going to need to make sure you can bake the cake correctly. You will want to have a cake tin or a circular baking tray that is quite deep. These need to be safe for oven baking, which is very probable yet it is good to be sure. Alongside this, you will want to buy baking paper if you do not have any on hand. Baking paper is amazingly helpful for ensuring your baked goods do not stick to a pan or anything else they are laid.
- Firstly, you are going to want to combine all of your dry ingredients into a bowl by using a sieve. This will help make sure all the dry ingredients are very fine and will mix together easily without having small clumps together.
- Once you have all the dry ingredients in a bowl together, you will want to create a crater in the middle of the bowl. This is where you can crack your eggs and add your other wet ingredients. It is best to add the eggs on their own and start beating them into the dry mixture. Once they are fully incorporated, you can start slowly adding all of the other wet ingredients while continuously mixing. You want the batter to be consistent and have no lumps in it.
- Once you have a very smooth and consistent batter, you will want to turn your attention to your baking tray for cakes. It is good to line the bottom and sides with baking paper – after this it is also a good idea to gently rub unsalted butter on the sides to help further decrease the risk of the cake sticking. If you eat unsalted butter then you will have some on hand but this may be a rare ingredient for other people.
- This batter can be poured into your cake pan and can be left on the side for a moment while you preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and once it comes to temperature, place your cake batter in the middle of the oven where the heat is the most consistent. After this, allow it to cook for up to 30 minutes. In the last ten minutes, check the cake every now and then to see if it is done. Once it is done – you will be able to poke a knife through the middle and it will come out clean.
- While you are waiting for the cake to cook, you can spend some time making the icing. This is very easy to do and does not take much time at all. It is best to add chocolate to a pan over low heat and wait for it to melt. Once the chocolate has melted, it is time to add the double cream. Pour it into a bowl and wait for it to cool down.
- Once it has cooled down, you can spread it over the cake and decorate it to your pleasing. This can then be served and eaten.
Are Baking Jokes Worth Using?
Using baking jokes in the kitchen is always fun to do. It is not for everyone as the jokes may seem cheesy or boring, yet it is always some lighthearted fun. Baking jokes are great and can always be tailored to the audience. The Star Wars jokes are especially great for baking cakes or something similar with a Star Wars fan!